Chapter One

Emily's POV

          Five years ago I moved to California to attend collage. I dropped out and my life slowly fell apart. My dad died and I never talked to any of my friends not even Alison..

      A few days ago I received a letter in the mail asking me and my three best friends to come home. Alison had written to us for the first time. She wants us to come home to help CeCe get out but I'm not so sure I want her out.

Alison's POV

     I miss all my friends especially Emily. We used to be so close all of us and now it's like we're strangers I want them home to help release CeCe but also to rekindle our friendship. I occasionally talk to Spencer and Hanna. But I haven't heard a word from Emily or Aria. I bet Emily is doing great and having so much fun.

       Today is the day they all return. I'm ready to see all of them again, I asked them to meet me in my classroom at Rosewood high. I never thought I would ever be teaching but I did loose a lot of my high school experience.

       I wait in my classroom sitting on the chair grading papers when I see aria walk in followed by Spencer. I get up and run to hug her, "Aria! I missed you so much" I say while holding her. I let go and move to Spencer, "oh my god" I say giving her a big hug. "Where's Emily and Hanna?" I ask letting go my tight grip. "There on their way me and aria drove together" Spencer says smiling. I walk back to my desk and lean on the edge. We make small talk and finally the perfect brunette walks in.

     I run and give her a big hug, "I missed you so much" I whisper in her ear holding her as hard as I could. "I've missed you too Ali" I smile and wipe the tear falling from my eye. I loved hearing her say my name.

      "Forget about someone?" Hanna says I let go of Emily and give her a smile and run to Hanna. I hug her tight because I've missed her so much. I let go and walk back to my desk. I sit on the edge and talk about CeCe.

      Of course Spencer fights and Emily sits there quiet. "Please" I say for the last time and Emily looks up. I connect my eyes with hers and she nods her head. "CeCe is all of the family Ali has let's just let her out. We're all leaving here anyways" they all nod except Aria.

Emily's POV

     I haven't talked to Ali in a long time and I need too.. I have no idea what she's been through and she has no idea what I have and she's the only one I can share it with. I'm sitting at The Radley with Aria, Spencer, and Hanna. CeCe was released and no one is really happy about it other then Alison. "So has anyone even talked to Alison these past five years" I shake my head and take a sip of my wine. "I have" Hanna says, "I bet none of you knew she was married." Hanna says laughing. I sit there shocked. I didn't realize my eyes were filled with tears until Aria touches my hand. "Emily? Are you okay" I wipe my tears away and smile, "yeah, yeah I'm fine I'm just so glad we're all together" I lie trying to hide my pain.

     The night was a blur but I woke up to Hanna on the phone. I drop my purse and all my pills fall out I quickly pick them up and walk over to Hanna. "CeCe's dead" Hanna says as I walk over, "What?!" I say quickly. "She killed herself" she says "have you talked to Ali?" I say still shocked. "No one has" she says looking down. "You should go talk to her your probably the only one she wants to see.." I nod my head and throw on some cloths and drive to Alison's.

      I knock on the door and a guy opens it he looks professional and has dark hair. "You must be Ali's husband, I'm Emily" I say holding out my hand. He shakes it and let's me in. "Alison has told me a lot about you. Whenever she talks about her past your always a big part of it" he says. Ali talks about me? I think to myself and smile, "where is she?" I say breaking the silence, "she's upstairs" he says nodding his head the direction of the stairs. He walks up and I follow.

     We walk into her room and ali is under her blanket crying. "She hasn't moved all day" he says I shake my head "Stay with her until she wakes up" I nod my head, "I'll take good care of her" he walks out and shuts the door behind him.

     I walk over to Ali's bed and I sit on the edge. She reaches for my hand and I was hesitant to hold hers but then I realized how broken she must feel so I hold it tight and put my other on top of hers and I felt as if my love for her never went away.