Prologue

"And now! Our two running candidates James Madison and Thomas Jefferson!"

Thomas Jefferson. The 'man of the people', stepped out to his podium with a confident stride. His eyes glistening in the spotlights like stars. A sleek black cane complimented the leaning top hat placed ever so carefully on his poofy hair. With a scoff Jefferson adjusted his dark purple tux and stood behind the podium. All eyes on him. Just as he liked it.

Aaron Burr, the announcer eagerly shook hands with the running candidate as he cleared his throat stepping away from the glorious man. "....and James Madison..." The cameras flashed, recording this beautifully awkward moment as James's podium was empty of any persons.

In Jefferson's mind this moment screamed opportunity! Opportunity! "Come on out James!" Thomas taunted his opponent loudly on live TV. "No need to be scared! Daddy's here."

The crowd let out a low laugh as a small figure slipped from the curtains timid of the overpowering audience. When they saw the figure, the crowd began the uproar of

"Ah there he is! About time he came out of hiding." Burr joked as he stepped away from Jefferson's podium. But not before shaking the Jefferson's hand once again, staring at him with begging looks. Jefferson, reasonably uncomfortable around Burr, coughed and let go of his hand.

Burr motioned frantically for the figure to hurry up and move. The figure took a long breath before stepping out completely puffing out his chest.

James Madison. His little majesty. 5'4 and still standing taller than most men in DC. Odd fellow. Although the crowd loved him, he was shy like a mouse. And yet strong. Whenever seen, he was alone. Alone scribbling down or typing nonsensical notes. He observes then strikes. As Madison stepped to the podium the crowd fell silent, submissive subjects of his cold glare that could cut like a knife. Unlike Jefferson his hair was kept, sharply cut and dunked in shiny spray. His gleaming black shoes seemed to blind Jefferson for a brief moment and he scowled.

With his hands folded behind his back, Madison shifted his deadly gaze from the audience to his opponent. A man of his own party. Long Tom.

The met eyes and the silence radiated from the two men. A silent rage began to creep onto Jefferson's back as Madison only returned a disapproving, smug, gaze at him while his eyes jabbed holes into his chest.

"Jefferson."

"Madison."

Slowly the two gave each other cocky smirks before reaching out to the other's hand to shake. And in a eerie unison, the two said,

"Nice to see you again." 

(Written by: pewdieuniverse and me)