Chapter 4: A First Kiss

"And now for the local news..." I sighed, turning off the TV. There was nothing interesting on. Not even the kids' shows looked interesting.. I stood up, my stomach immediately growling. Of course I'm fucking hungry... I sighed again, looking towards the kitchen. I don't feel like eating... Despite my stomach objecting, I walked towards my room. I didn't really feel like doing anything today. Guess today is going to be another day of sleeping. Like the past few have been. Yaaay. I sat on my bed, about to go to sleep when the phone rang. I didn't feel like answering it, but I did anyway. "Hello? Valant Gramarye speaking." A familiar voice was on the other end. "Hello? Valant? Is that you?" I blushed as I recognized the voice. "Thalassa? Is that you?" Thalassa giggled. "Yeah! It's me! How long has it been? Like, 7 years?" I thought for a minute. Zak was killed 2 years ago by some Kristoph guy. Then about 10 or so years ago, Thalassa died.. At least, I thought she did.. "Well... It's actually been 10, but awhile, yeah!" I started blushing harder as I thought of a conversation starter. (Unintentional rhymes, whoops) "How have you been?!" I heard Thalassa giggling on the other end. The sound of her laugh always made me smile. It's just so cute.. "I've been fine! I mean, besides looking for a nice place to live and all, I've been fine." She paused for a second. "Anyway, Vally.. I haven't seen you in awhile. I was wondering if I could come over and see you?" I nearly dropped the phone in shock. She... wanted to see me? Oh...my fuck- My frantic thoughts were interrupted by my stomach growling loudly. Thalassa chuckled. Guess she heard it growl too. "Somebody sounds hungry.. Hey! That reminds me! You remember that restaurant, Honeycombs?" I nodded, forgetting that she couldn't see me on the other end. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" My stomach rumbled again. She sighed, probably rolling her eyes or something. "I think even you could answer that. How about the two of us go to the restaurant? Like a.. date or something?" As soon as I heard the word date, I immediately started to sweat. A d-d-date? Oh god..... "S-sure thing... My address is.. 2835 Pine Forest.. It's an apartment complex.. I'm on the first floor." (no, that's not a real address, and if it is, don't go there. Valant isn't real. Though I wish he was.) Thalassa probably smiled, knowing her. "Okay Val. See you soon!" She hung up, leaving me to my lonesome. What the fuck do I do now? I looked around, realizing I should probably clean myself or something. I walked into my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. Shit, I look amazing. And look at this mustache though.. I fiddled with my mustachio a bit. (Yes, I said mustachio. Got a problem with that?) After a bit more of playing in the mirror, I decided to take a shower. Sleeping 4 days in a row can take a toll on your smell.
-ONE SHOWER LATER- (imagine the Spongebob Narrator saying this)
After my shower, I went to my room to look for some decent clothes. Let's see.. Magic outfit? Nah, too dramatic. Hoodie? No, too laid-back. Tuxedo? Uh.. This is a date, not a wedding. I sighed, giving up. I wonder what would happen if I went in my birthday suit. Immediately, I decided against that. No need to get arrested again. Eventually, I decided just to wear a yellow-tan dress shirt and some brown jeans. I then went back to the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. I look like a nerdy high school student. All I need is glasses and suspenders, and I'd really sell the look. I chuckled at my little joke, then heard the doorbell ring. Shit, she's here?! Time flies when you're having fun..... I quickly put on my socks and shoes, brushed my hair a bit, and walked to the door. When I opened it, there she was, looking pretty much the same. The only difference was that her pigtails weren't as braided as they were 10 years ago. She was also wearing a white and blue striped shirt with a blueish skirt. It was really cute on her. "Hiya Val! Nice outfit." I chuckled nervously, feeling my cheeks turn red. "T-thanks, Thalassa... You look nice too." She smiled, putting her hand out. Is... she asking me to hold her hand or something? Alakaholy shit! Still blushing, I took her hand, and the two of us headed to Honeycombs.

-X/XX/2028, 1:00 PM, HONEYCOMBS- (this time there's no date because I don't know what date to do. Just know that it's after SOJ happened) Eventually, we made it to Honeycombs, and sat down at a two-person table. A waitress immediately dashed to us. "How may I help you, sir and ma'am?" Thalassa immediately spoke up. "We'll take one large plate of spaghetti, please." The waitress giggled. "To share? Oooooh, are you two, like, a thing?" Immediately, I blushed madly, while Thalassa just chuckled. "No.. We're just old friends." The waitress smirked at me, rolling her eyes. "Whatever you saaaay. And what would y'all like to drink?" I said lemonade, and she said water. Why do I feel a weird sense of déjà vu? "Anyway, your order will be here in a bit." She walked off, still giggling. Thalassa chuckled. "Val. You're blushing." Immediately, I started blushing even more. "Wait, really...?" She nodded, smiling at me. "You're cute when you blush though." I don't think I could blush anymore then I was, but if I could, I did. "T-t-thanks..." About 15 minutes later, the waitress came back. "Here are your orders, loverbiiiirds.." She said singsongily. Just when I had stopped blushing too. "Thank you." We both said at the same time. The waitress then left as we put our drinks down. My stomach rumbled as I eyed the spaghetti. It looked delicious.. The noodles and the marinara looked perfect together. I started to eat the spaghetti, slurping up any noodles that I didn't twist. (Be honest, you've done this before) For a minute, I continued to eat. Then I noticed Thalassa eating the spaghetti too. Why does this remind me of a movie..? This continued for a bit. Suddenly, I felt something on my lips. At first, I thought it was marinara, but then I realized, it was Thalassa. Or, her lips anyway. I immediately turned red, probably redder than the marinara sauce. I looked down, and realized she had been chewing on the same noodle I had. This reminds me of a movie! (Y'all were expecting puzzle, weren't you?) I looked back up at her, and it didn't seem like she would stop kissing me anytime soon. You know... This reminds me of our first ever kiss...