Old Feelings and New Beginings

Jade POV:
Although I knew deep down inside that I still had slight feelings for Kiah, I could never go back to her. She manipulated me in every way possible. She was verbally abusive, and cheated numerous times. I pushed all of my friends and family away. I felt as if my whole life revolved around her. I was convinced what we had was love. I was convinced all of the arguing, all of the lies, and every heartbreaking things she told me was love. But it wasn't, what Mari and I have is love, and is real. And I won't let anyone come in between what me and her have.
I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized I was at Mari's house. I got out of my car, grabbed the food, and made my way over to the door. I was about to ring the doorbell when the door swung open.
"Hello love." Mari said while grinning.
"Jesus Christ! You scared me." I said while gripping my chest.
"How, all I did was open the door" Mari let out a small giggle as she widened the door so I could come inside.
"I wasn't expecting anyone to just open the door immediately. I was expecting to just knock on the door and wait for someone to answer like a normal person." I explained while setting the food on the table.
"Hurry up over there so I can bust your ass in 2k." she said while rushing over to the living room and grabbing a controller.
"We'll see about that" I said while laughing and grabbing two plates for us.
"Oh, and I call home" she said while picking her team.
~hours later~
Mari laid in my arms, asleep on the couch. Today had to have been one of the best days I've had in a long time.
We played game after game, and then after a while we decided to just lay down and watch tv.
I looked over at Mari, and my heart fluttered.
I really do love this girl...