∆ part 18 (slow recovery)

7:50 a.m

"Irene what's taking you so long, you have been in the shower for almost an hour". Mom said.

" am coming mom, just give me five minutes". Irene replied while trying to stuff her eye lashes with  mascara, well that's my sweet sis she is going to the hospital to visit me and she still thinks of putting on mascara as if she didn't have beautiful eyes lashes already.

" you said that five minutes ago, please make it quick or will live without you". Mom says. And just when she's about close the living room door and head to the side road to catch a cab my sister appears in the living room and my mom releases a sigh of relief.

At the hospital

I woke up feeling very tired only to realise that am no longer in the operating room, instead in a different room with an ivy drip attached on top of my hand, I try to call out for doctor Martines a male nurse walks in my room to check my current condition.

" hey there young lady, how is your morning? ". He says.

" better I guess". I answer as I stare at the muscular handsome figure that stood next to me. He then looks at me and then smiles at me, I smile back almost blushing.

" I must confess you one strong hell of a fighter, I mean u beat the operation and now you are recovering faster than I expected ". He says. I just smile and say nothing after a while my siblings and mom make their way in my room and they all greet me with big smiles planted on their faces, my small brother Sam then walks towards my bed and hugs me tightly and I hug him back.

There is silence in the room but after I break the cold silence. " mom are you still mad at me?" I ask while making an awe face.

" mad? No my child am not, am just sad, that's all". She says.

"Sad about what mom, am okay the operation was a success wasn't it?" I ask while looking her in the eyes. Before saying anything she looks aside as if to hide the traitorous tears that just made its way down her cheeks.

" mom what is it?, what's going on?" I ask. she  then looks at my sister who gives her this don't you tell her now look. I don't know how I always managed to read my sister's face.

" nothing my child, am just happy that you are alright" she answers. I knew she wasn't telling me the truth and I didn't want to insist so I changed the subject not knowing that the new subject would even bring more awkwardness in the room. " how is he?" I ask.

"Who?" Mom asks.

" Carlos mom, how is he no body has told me how he is?". I ask while trying to break eye  with her.

" his fine my child, we saw his family heading to his room when we arrived here". She says. After a while a nurse walks in my room and tells my family that they only have 10 minutes before visiting hours are over. They then say good bye to me and exit the room.

Carlos's POV

Its 9:50 a.m my dad sister caro and younger brother Bee- kay have been seating in my room and non have said a word  to me  and judging by the expression on their faces they are not fully happy with my improved condition.

" is anybody going to tell me what's going on here? " I ask finally breaking the silence.

"What can we say son, we are just  puzzled that our lord gave u a second chance". Mr Boris says.

" and is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I ask.

" of course its a good thing son, and it was all thanks to that young lady".  He answers.

" oh yeah! Now that you have mentioned that I want to actually meet the girl who donated her organ to me so I can thank her personally I say. And once I finish my sentence everyone gives me this look of surprise.

" didn't you talk to her before the operation? " my dad and siblings ask in astonishment.

"No! I didn't" I answer.

" but she said she spoke to you right before you were operated on ". My dad says. I try to recall all the people I spoke with before my operation and only Linah  is able to slip into my mind.

"Yes I did talk to..." And before I can finish my sentence " oh know! Don't tell me that my organ donor was Linah?", I ask narrowing my gaze at my dad.

" she didn't tell you anything? " Bee -Kay asks.

" no she only said that she". I stop realising what am about to say is kind of personal and is only meant for my ears alone. I continue " how is she right now and no she didn't tell me anything  she only came to wish me luck"I answer.

" well she must love you that much for her not to tell you the" my Bee- Kay is cut off by the warning glare my sister caro sends him.

" what's going on dad?" I ask.

" well my son that young lady risked her life and womanhood just so you can live", he pauses and takes In a deep breath before he can continue. " she could have died son but she didn't god was in her favor. He says and then turns away to look at his two other children who sat next to him with a worried look on his face.

" but she didn't right? And then what's with the long faces?" I ask.

" well the doctor said that she wasn't suppose to donate her organ to you because of the disease she had that might either lead her to her grave or end up being infertile if she donated any of her organ to you without first being treated " caro says.

" whaaat? And non of you cared to tell me this till now" I answer angrily.

" well she said that she was going to tell you her self and we thought she did".  Bee- kay replies.

" well son there is no point in getting angry now, its already done and she's never going to have any kids". My dad says. For a few minutes I say nothing except to stare at the ceiling and get lost in my thought.

" but why would she do that for me I've been nothing but a big selfish jerk towards her" I say while gazing at the empty ceiling.

After a while doctor Martines walks into my room to check on me and then tells my family that the visiting hours are over and its time I rest, my dad and siblings then says good bye before exiting my room.

" doctor why didn't you tell me that linah was my organ donor ?"I ask while looking at the clock that sat on the table next to my bed.

" well Mr Wayne I wanted to tell you but that wasn't my decision to make and ms Linah assured us that she was going to talk to you about this". He answers.

" I want to see her doctor ". I reply.

" when you will be dismissed you will right now am afraid I can't allow you to start moving around while you are still fragile " he answers.

I plead but nothing " okay doctor ". I answer. After checking on the monitor and notes something in a small book he exits my room.