the long drive

While Carlos was driving, I was busy crying my eyes out, and when I got tired of crying I decided to close my eyes hoping that once I open them, this would all turn out to be nothing but one horrible nightmare, but no it wasn't and I hated it, after 2 hours  of driving we  arrived at an isolated lodge out of town, he packed his car in the parking lot not too far from the lodge and we stayed in the car for a few minutes without saying a word to one another, he then unlocked the doors and got out of the car, I remained inside and then he asked me to follow him but the tone of his voice was more like a demand, I refused and he said I should suite my self.

Before he turned to walk away I asked him, to take me home but he just ignored me and walked towards the deserted lodge, it was all dark and, when he was a bit far from where he had packed, my whole body was engulfed with fear, I then decided to run after him, and when I got hold of him, he didn't bother to look at me and instead continued walking, he entered Into the building and I too, the were very few people in the building but most of them looked as if they were not from my town judging by the language they spoke.

Carlos made his way to his room and I followed him, while asking him persistently as to why he was doing this to me but not a single word came out from his mouth, once we where in his room he dropped his car keys on the bed side table. And sat on the chair next to his bed.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I questioned him.

" I don't know maybe I just like torturing people, you for example". He replied with an emotional less face. Now are you going to talk to me or you will just stand the all night and stain my carpet with your tears he continued.

" talk? Talk about what, I asked furiously"

" why, why did you help me that day when I was drunk, why didn't you just live me there? He questioned.

" because am not a heartless selfish  jerk like you are, and please do your self a favour and spare your mind from thinking that I helped you because I still have feelings for you cos I don't, you hear me, I don't " I answered angrily while looking at him in the eyes.

For a few seconds he was  quite, and  he barley looked me in the eyes when he finally spoke. And I was quite surprised with the words that followed next, I guess I wasn't expecting them, after all.

" um! I didn't mean to be rude to you that day, when you dropped me at the guest house, and  Thank you" he said.

" just please take me home" I replied almost sounding desperate.

" I said, I'm sorry didn't you hear me"

"  I won't forgive you nor will I accept your gratitude, till you tell me why you were drinking, you never did before, " I replied and once the moment these words came out of my mouth I regretted every one of them, why was I so concerned.

" Linah for goodness sake you are 24, why are you even asking me that question don't you know that people change"  he answered back in a calm voice but with the expression that he wore on his face made me think, that something was wrong, he was sad but tried all he could not to show it, why do you even care if I drink or not?" He questioned.

" I don't know either, I guess it just slipped when curiosity got the better of me" I answered.

My phone that was in his back pocket rang again, and I demanded that he gives it back , he took it out to see who was calling and then flipped it back in his pocket when he saw that it was my mom.

" its your mom" he answered.

"Let me talk to her, she is probably worried sick by now, its been 3 hours since I left home".