"I thought you said you were a swimmer." She heard someone say softly behind her. Kendall ignored them and continued to calm herself down, taking deep breaths.

"I was." Kendall replied, a slight shake in her delayed response.

"I've never seen anyone react like that."

"What did you expect, huh?" Kendall snapped angrily, turning around to face her attacker. "Did you expect me to resurface and giggle? Maybe flirt a little and then have it unfold like in a movie?"

Wesley didn't looked ashamed nor annoyed. He looked slightly curious but other than that, his face was unreadable which only fuelled Kendall's frustration and anger.

"What is your problem?" She asked him, her raising tone distressed and deflated. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Wesley sighed, looking away. "Every time I think you're bearable, you pull a stunt like this!" Kendall continued.

After a few tense moments, Wesley nodded, his mask on. "It won't happen again." Wesley played it smart and left before Kendall could throw another string of words at him.

Kendall stood there, a scoff of disbelief leaving her dry lips. She felt rooted to place, unable to move. Unable to run away to find Olivia, unable to rush after Wesley, unable to do anything. Kendall stood there, mouth ajar and heart thudding rapidly against her chest, the feeling of a tight throat making her feel uneasy. She felt helpless, stupid and nostalgic in the most horrifying way. Kendall was lost in her thoughts, shaking slightly when she heard someone approach her.

"Kendall?" Sachi said, her dark brows furrowing as she took in Kendall's strange behaviour.

Kendall blinked once, then twice before she registered what was happening around her. "Oh, Sachi."

"Are...you okay?" Sachi asked her cautiously, making Kendall feel like she was some disastorous bomb waiting to implode on everyone around her.

Kendall nodded, maybe even a little too quickly, and mustered up the best reassuring smile she could. "Yes, I've never been better. This spa was exactly what I needed."

Sachi looked skeptical, as Kendall suspected she would. Kendall wasn't even sure why she tried deceiving Sachi. She was one to see through the bullshit, which made her dangerous but it would also make her a good friend. "I know Wesley was here." Sachi said nonchalantly as she grabbed Kendall's robe and threw it gently over Kendall's shivering figure.

Kendall said nothing as she and Sachi slowly headed back inside. "He didn't try anything, did he?"

"No, of course not. He's an ass but he's not a pig." Kendall sighed.

Sachi had a ghost of a smile on her lips, her raven black hair was pulled up into a bun on the top of her head, giving the illusion of her being taller than she was.

"What?" Kendall asked in a breathy chuckle.

"Nothing." Sachi replied, her eyes flitting forward to where Olivia, Matt and Xavier were walking towards them.

"That's a nice sweater." Kendall said, dismissing Sachi's strange behaviour and redirecting the conversation. "Did you get in the water at all or?"

"Thanks, it's cashmere. I have a drawer full of them and I did, but I quickly got out and dried myself. I wasn't really feeling the spa today, you know?" Sachi gave a warm smile.

"I know what you mean." Kendall paused for a moment. "Your cashmere obsession is like my obsession with heels." Kendall grinned. "Only mine's a whole closet."

Sachi chuckled. "My closet's for the cashmere cardigans."

Kendall laughed.

"The only thing though, is that cashmere tears easily when caught and I can be clumsy at times."

"Yeah its a shame, but for the most part they're durable."

Sachi nodded, the conversation ending perfectly as their friends rounded the corner.

"Hey guys!" Olivia greeted them with a little wave, a wide smile on her face. "I hear there's a café here that puts Talence to shame."

"Talence?" Kendall asked, "I don't think so." Talence was an eatery in Manhattan that was favoured by Kendall, Olivia and Xavier. It was typically a café by day and a restaurant and bar at night. It was one of the more popular choices for the socialites and rich families of Manhattan.

"Google says it has better ratings!" Olivia replied in a sing-song tone.

"That's because people like us don't have time to leave reviews and don't want tourists poisoning the place." Kendall rolled her eyes before her lips stretched out into a grin. "But since you're so adamant about it, lead the way."

Olivia returned her best friends grin and grabbed her by the hand. Olivia pulled Kendall along in the direction of what Kendall hoped was the café. Matt shrugged at Sachi and the pair followed along. Xavier, still stuck in the grey with Kendall, followed the four behind quietly. "Hey, where's Wesley?" Olivia asked, her eyebrows knitting together as she looked around for him.

"He went home." Kendall said, a little snap in her tone at the mention of him. Olivia nodded and continued taking the five to the café. Kendall's eyes glanced behind her and she noticed Sachi, a disapproving expression plastered upon her angular face.

/

Kendall's swimsuit. I actually really like it lol.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
A Richer Shade of Goldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें