Best of Women.

(A college AU
       And heavily based on Hamilton.)

   It was late at night. Or, early in the morning.  Writing essays and finishing projects in the nick of time was something he'd always do.  Turning back to school with a completed assignment three days after it was given out was normal.  It was all for his father after all.

  He sighed, rubbing his eye from exhaustion.  The bags that used to surface below his eyes appeared again.  But he continued, whispering to himself "One more page."  Not wanting to wake his dear as she slept on their shared bed.  Barely hearing her soft breaths from the silence. 

  The dear reader, concerned for him wanted to lift some of the heavy work from the poor college student. Insisting that she'd help, which she did.  But the day passed and by 2am he told her to rest.

  So he continued alone, only having another power point to complete before this essay.  But the lack of sleep was soon getting his to his body.  Only telling him to take another swig of his use cold coffee.

   His ears perked to noise, he whipped his head towards the bed and saw his beloved sitting on the edge.  Her hair managed in a bun as she tiredly strides across the room to him. "Shouto, you should come back to sleep."  She whispered, a yawn extending her words as she sat on his lap.  He closed his eyes, inhaling her scent "I have another project due tomorrow." He lied, wanting to finish this before the weekend.  The girl wrapped her arms around him, her gaze staring out the window. "It's still dark outside--"  She hummed,  Worry expressed as her brows pinched together.  "I know,". He sighed, his fingers brushing through her tangled hair, kissing the top of her head gently. "I just need to write something down."

   About to grab his pen again, he hesitated.  The grasp his girlfriend had tightened. "Why do write like your running out of time?"  Both tired, he shushed her, lifting her princess style.  Walking back to bed he laid her down.  "I'll be back before you know I'm gone."  He smiled, cupping her face gently before returning to that dreaded desk.  She frowned, "Come back to sleep." She spoke, once again attempting to persuade him. He continued his way, sitting down on the leather chair before saying. "This class is at dawn." 

  Silence cascaded the room again, her gaze still aimed at his back.  She loved him dearly, but she graduated college a couple months ago, leaving less time to spend with him.  But alas, the final year would soon come to and end.  So she sighed, closing her eyes.  "I'm going back to sleep." Her body rested against the soft cushion, covering her body with the thick blankets. Her back faced him, knowing that he'd eventually return to her embrace soon. Even it was for just a small period of time.

   "Hey,"

   She blinked, hearing Shouto still in a hushed voice. She turned around, facing him.  He expressed a smile, that smile is seemed to be shown only to her. 

  "Best of wives and best of women."

(Do what you want.

Just don't sue me plz.)