Safe Haven.

It was Wednesday. Being this specific day your mind appeared somewhere else. Though the birds sang and the sun shines down on you, they barely reached you. The small tree you sat near kept you safe from the sun's rays, the soft breeze gently brushing your hair. Today, as it was, your somewhat busy schedule seemed less clouded. Letting you relax in this somewhat hidden place away from every student and staff from the school.

  This was your safe haven.

  Besides this day whenever you could you'd try to sneak out from your rather busy schedule, or escaping from the cafeteria and sit in silence.  It soothed you, giving you a moment to get away from all those bothersome classes and loud activities. 

  And on this day, being it a Wednesday, in the beginning of January.  It was your close friends birthday.  Shouto, who you seemed to have leaned closer on this past school year.

  Shouto Todoroki, he was a rather calm boy, never really said much.  He spoke, but he spoke what was needed to be said.  Nothing much was said, his expression as blank as a sheet before it was written on.  Which you automatically thought that he suffered of an emotional pain, you figured out that someone wasn't really teaching him the right ways in life. But you knew he wouldn't reveal much, that it would be a rather awkward topic to bring. So conversations were kept calm and steady between the two of you.

  Closing your eyes against the cool breeze you inhaled, your fingers gently brushed against the grass that was as green as the color of our uniform.  It didn't scratch against your s/c skin. He was late, you knew.  As you knew a lot of things, focusing on the universe's energy it helped you know many things.

The universe helped you meet this young man, that you knew for sure.

   Opening your eyes you heard footsteps from behind, a smile slowly curled your lips. "You're late." You said, sitting still as Shouto continued to walk next to your form.  Plopping down against the floor you looked at him, seeing many wrapped boxes and bags. You couldn't help laugh speaking out, "That's cute," You held a hand near your lips in a joking matter, he turned to you. "Yeah, too many people found out.." He stated, sighing in exhaustion.  He leaned back, looking at the sky, "Sorry I'm late."

  Shaking your head you smiled, "It's fine, I was looking at the universe for guide while I waited." He hummed in response, his gaze towards the sky intensifies. "That's weird." He pointed, turning to you to ask something. But seeing you look away with a gloomy aura he sweat dropped, reaching his hand out to apologize. "Ah, sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Patting your back you shook your head, "It's ok, I was asking for it when I say those things like that." His body twitched as the guilt waved over him like a tsunami.

  After a bit of apologies the two sat in silence, but it wasn't as awkward as you expect it to be. It was only in the beginning of their relationship when words wasn't expressed and the silence was stiff. But as time progressed peace outran the stiffness, and things were much easier to be said. And this safe haven wasn't really as lonely anymore.

   Another sigh escaped Shouto's lips, his body falling towards you and landed on your lap.  This movement took you by surprise, your gaze locked on him in confusion.  He asked, "So you never really said Happy Birthday." His eyes closed he rested on his side, avoiding your gaze.  You now knew what he was trying to say.  And you couldn't help but smile, a little giggle escaping your lips. The breeze continued to flow through your hair as leaves slowly fell from their home on the tree.  Once again closing your eyes you began to gently stroke his dual colored hair.  "I thought you weren't the one to enjoy hearing people celebrating your birthday."

   He frowned, laying still as he enjoyed the contact and affection, it relaxed him.  "I never said i didn't like it."  You rose a brow at his claim, your lips still curved in a smile.  "Alright," you said with a light tone, your hands gently coming down to cup his cheeks. Slowly turning his head to make his eyes look into yours. Leaning down you gently brushed your lips against his, your eyes closed he looked at you with a blushed face.  He still laid still, his eyes fluttering close, the feeling of your soft lips made him feel the energy.  Her quirk flowing to his body, the image of the universe faded into sight in his mind. It began to silently speak to him.  It told him many things but without a voice.  It's wisdom reached to his soul, as her lips pressed against his.

  By the time the imagery faded away you pulled back, gazing at him with a soft look. "May the universe guide your soul as it grows another year."  You whispered, your eyes looking at his shocked expression.

  He was stunned, the kiss and what he saw was remarkable.  Shouto's mind was trying to process all the information he was given.  Looking at her e/c orbs his eyes glowed.

He knew the feelings she had for him.

  Looking at his stunned expression, her lips formed that consistent smile. "Sorry, when seeing the universe for the first time like that it feels like too much to process." 

(I don't know what's going on.  I hope you enjoy im not quite sure if the glitch is just on my device)