»Chapter 1«

"Peyton" I warned. The little brown-eyed girl turned to look at me and sheepishly smiled at me. "You're going to fall."

"No" she said and kept jumping on the couches. I sighed at the small girl who liked to do the opposite of what I told her to do. She smiled as she jumped up and down and from side to side. "You can't catch me!"

And with that she got off the couch and rushed upstairs. I run after her as she ran into her room and slammed the door shut. I open the door and she laughs as she stands behind a curtain.

"Oh I wonder where Peyton is," I say out loud and hear her giggle. "Oh well, I'll just watch Disney movies by myself since Peyton isn't here." And with that she moves the curtain smiles.

"Here I am!" She squeals and I softly laugh. She rushed downstairs probably getting ready to watch a movie.

It's been five years since Peyton was born, and she doesn't have the easiest life. And Finn and I are to blame for that.

Finn left a year after Peyton was born. He left because of a job opportunity. Finn was the best at his job and his boss thought he was perfect for the new job far away. And Finn wanted us to move where the job was at but I didn't want to. Our families and friends were here, and I didn't think we could just pack up and leave. So I told Finn to go after the job and that Peyton and I would be fine. But now it wasn't just Peyton and me, now Peyton has a little brother. His name is Toby. I had him four years ago. Before Finn left I found out I was pregnant again, and I wasn't sure if it was true since I always had trouble getting pregnant. So I didn't tell Finn and he left. We haven't had any contact since he left and he doesn't know about Toby. I've tried telling Carole to tell me why Finn hasn't contacted us but she doesn't know about Finn either. Finn changed his number so I just had his old one.

"Mommy!" I hear a little voice yell from downstairs. And I already knew that Peyton and Toby were fighting once again. I sigh before going downstairs and seeing the two little kids fighting over the tv remote.

"What did I say about fighting?" I asked to both children with my arms crossed. The little curly haired and big dark brown eyed boy looks up at me and pouts.

"It was my turn mommy. And you said we were gonna watch Disney movies" Peyton defends herself. Her brown crazy hair fell on her shoulders as she passes her hand through it. Her other hand plays with her small floral dress which I had to force on her. She doesn't like dresses.

"Disney?" Toby questions and his eyes light up with happiness. He laughs and claps his hands. "Lets watch Disney!"

"Okay which one?" I asked smiling.

"Beauty and the beast!" Peyton cheered.

"No! Finding Nemo!" Toby argued. I sighed and watched the two little kids argue about what movie to watch.

"Let's just watch the Lion King," I said heading over to the DVD and putting in the movie. The two little kids cheered and sat on the couch. I went upstairs and got their blankets and wrapped them up in them. And while they watched the movie I went around and cleaned the house.

That was basically our lives now; I worked, I go to Quinn's house to pick up the kids since right now they were on their summer break, well Peyton was, and we come home we eat we play, we go to sleep, and we follow the same schedule.

They've asked about their dad but there's not much I can tell them. I show them pictures of him but that's not enough and I know it. I've tried many different ways to contact Finn but I just haven't been able to grab ahold of him. And it's frustrating because we've made a promise to stay together and we haven't been able to achieve it.

There's a part of me that tells me that we've going to meet soon. But I don't know if I should trust that because I'll just keep my hopes up and wind up to letting myself down. The kids need Finn... I need Finn...