Chapter 23

As Tatsuya was heading towards the Disciplinary Committee HQ after class, a high pitched voice called to him. When he turned around, a skinny girl with short cut hair greeted him. 

"I'm surprised Erika... are you by yourself?" 

"Is that something to be surprised about? I don't see myself keeping appointments with other people and going around with them." Now that she mentioned it, there were several instances Tatsuya could think of. 

"Anyways Tatsuya-kun, what are you gonna do about clubs? Mizuki said she was going to join the Art Club. She invited me to join with her, but I'm not exactly the artistic type, so I am just walking around to see if there's anything more fun to do." 

"Didn't Leo also say that he chose something?" 

"The Mountain Club right? That really suits him." 

"Well... it does seem to suit him." 

"The Mountain club at our school focuses more on survival than just climbing. Seriously, it's almost like the club's just made for him." 

The way she was subtly cursing about almost made her seem like she was bored. 

"Hey Tatsuya, if you haven't joined a club yet, do you wanna look around with me?" Tatsuya wasn't able to blatantly reject her because she seemed to have a lonely face, but if he pointed that out to her then she was sure to get angry at him. "To tell you the truth, it seems like the Disciplinary Committee's already using me as they please. It's possible for me to walk around with you, but I have to do it as a patrol. If that's okay with you then I can do it." 

"Hmmmmm... ah, well. Let's just meet up in front of the classroom then." Erika seemed to think hard before letting out a shrug like she was reluctant to go along with it, but the smile on her face gave away her fake gestures.

◊ ◊ ◊

"Why are you here?!" That was how the reunion started. "Aren't you acting a bit rude?" Tatsuya sighed and said that with a tired voice, but this caused only more agitation. 

"What!!" 

He seemed like he was about to lunge forward, but, 

"Shut up you newcomer." A quick roar from Mari made Morisaki Shun stand upright and close his mouth. "This is an official meeting for the Disciplinary Members, so every person here is a member of the Disciplinary Committee. At least get that through your head before you shout out like that." 

"I apologize!" How pitiful; Morisaki's face showed tension and fear. He was brought in only two days ago by Mari. Not only that, he was still feeling heat from being reprimanded from the Student President, a heavy burden for a serious new student such as him. 

"Oh well, take a seat." Mari let out a nervous expression as she ordered the blood-drained faced first year to sit down. Judging from her demeanor, she did not seem like the type of person who would feel pleasure from oppressing those that were weaker than her. Morisaki sat in the chair facing Tatsuya. It was an unwanted seating arrangement for the two, but they couldn't help it because they were the newest members. 

Being an underling meant they had to sit at the edge of the table, glaring at each other. "Everyone here?" After 9 people entered the room, Mari stood up. "Okay, listen up. The beginning of that crazy week is here again. For the Disciplinary Committee, this will be the first big hurdle we have to overcome in the beginning of the year. Last year, there were certain people in here who had joined and caused an uproar during this period, and there were others who tried to stop it but ended up making it worse. Please be sure to brace yourselves this year. I don't want to give any reprimands to anyone. I repeat, Disciplinary members will not be the ones causing trouble this year."