Chapter 4

Miyuki's reply address was outstanding as expected. Tatsuya never had the slightest thought that his little sister would fumble at something like this. Even though she was fired up and included a number of pretty dangerous phrases like "everyone alike", "as a single body", "aside from magic" or "in an integrated manner", she managed to set them up properly and they didn't sound thorny at all. Her openness, innocence, and modesty, coupled with her lovely, beautiful appearance, had captured the hearts of not just the guys, the freshmen, but the upperclassmen as well. Miyuki would probably be surrounded by boisterousness from tomorrow onward. That was not an unusual thing. Using the society's standards, one could call Tatsuya a siscon from the way he pampered her. He wanted to commend her immediately, but unfortunately, what followed immediately after the ceremony was the issuing of the ID cards.

 Since the individual cards were not made beforehand, the arrangement was to have each and every person go to a certain place to personally have their data written into the cards meant for use within the school premises, so whichever counter they went to, the procedure could be completed, but here, a wall naturally appeared in Tatsuya's heart. Miyuki probably, undoubtedly, skipped this step; as the freshman representative, she had probably already been conferred with this card. And right now, in the midst of the visitors and student crowd. 

"Shiba-kun, which class are you in?" Erika, with a face that could not hide her excitement, asked Tatsuya, who was the last in line among the group (in other words, he was practicing the 'ladies first' rule). 

"Class E." On hearing Tatsuya's reply, "Yay! We are in the same class." Erika hopped up and down happily. She seemed to be overdoing it but, "I am in the same class as well." With just the accompanying action missing, Mizuki also had a similar face, so this might be a natural reaction for freshmen. 

"I'm in class F." 

"I'm in class G." 

Even so, it was not like the reactions of the remaining two were cold and unfeeling. After all, they were in high spirits about enrolling into a high school. This school has eight year one classes, and each class has twenty-five students. In this respect, they were equal. In the first place, the Weeds who were not expected to bloom into flowers were placed in classes E to H, and the Blooms who were expected to bloom into large flowers were never mixed among them. The two girls who were assigned to different classes naturally went along their way. It seemed like the two of them were headed towards their homerooms. Even though classes A-D and classes E-H were located on different levels, it did not appear that their enthusiasm was any less from that. It was not like all the Course 2 students would stick around together in one group. There were also a number of them who would straighten their backs, and be proud about getting accepted into a reputable school. Since this school was also ranked among the top in the country in areas not pertaining to magic. The two of them probably went off to search for new friends among those whom they would spend the rest of the year with. 

"What shall we do? Shall we go take a look at our homeroom as well?" Erika asked as she looked up at the face of Tatsuya. While Mizuki didn't ask, she was also probably looking up at Tatsuya. Save for a few schools who were continuing the old traditions, these days, high schools did not employ the system of having homeroom teachers. Administrative circulars did not need to be handed out one by one, and besides, there was not that much extra budget to waste on such human resources, so the circulars were distributed through the terminals that were connected throughout the entire school. A system of having one terminal for school use assigned to each individual had already been in existence decades ago. Except for individual instruction or practical lessons, almost everything was done using the data terminals. If more care were needed, counselors who held expertise in multiple disciplines would be assigned by the school. So, the reason homerooms were needed was for the convenience of practical and trial lessons. When practical and trial lessons ended within time, so as not to have a time surplus, they needed somewhere to hold a certain number of people. (Not with standing, detention was a daily affair.) Besides, with the personal terminal system, it also made some things very convenient. No matter what background people came from, once the time they spent in the same room became long, they would mingle with one another naturally.