Memories|14

D U S T I N

You can do it, I remind myself, staring at the doorknob. I've been standing out here for hours now, not able to get these dark thoughts out of my head. I know that if I don't go inside soon, I might end up like Mike. I can't go insane. I slowly turn the doorknob, trying to be quiet, but that ends up being useless.

As soon as I walk through the door, I see my parents sitting on the couch with worried expressions on their faces. Both of them look like they haven't slept in days. My mom looks up, and she immediately starts running towards me.

"Dustin!" She cries, taking me into her arms. My dad joins us, and I try my hardest not to cry. For some reason, being hugged just makes me weaker. "Where have you been? I've missed you so much. We were so worried!" She gasps through tears, still holding me close.

"I-I..." I choke on my words, knowing I can't tell the truth. At least not all of it.
"I think I was kidnapped, but I can't remember a thing. How long was I gone?" I ask, being as convincing as possible, and it works.

She pulls away, and I see tears streaming down her cheeks. Yes, I know I was actually kidnapped, but I still remember everything. I remember suffering, pain, and losing her. Remembering just makes it so much worse, and so much more painful.

"Honey, you were gone for a week," she sighs, and I feel my heart drop. A week?
It felt like months, but I thought I had only been in there for a day or so. I've been missing just as long as Will was a year ago. My friends have probably been worried sick-
wait, I don't even know if they got out of the lab. And Mike, he's probably still trapped in the upside down with El. Everyone I know could be dead, or suffering. My brain is overwhelmed by this new feeling of anxiety, and I grab my head with both of my hands. My parents rush to either side of me and escort me to my room, laying me down on my bed and giving me a heating pad. I put it over my head, hoping it'll help with this whopping headache, but it really does nothing. I thank them and tell them that I need some alone time, and they understand. I'm just glad that I have caring parents that help me get through this, whatever kind of suffering this is.

Why must life be like this? For Mike, El, myself, and even Gracie. It's like we are cursed, like we aren't allowed to have happiness.

My head, once filled with joy and light, has now become overrun by sadness. Darkness destroyed everything I once dreamed of, and now, I have no hope of ever getting it back. All I wanted was to be happy. All I wanted was to live my life. Where did I go wrong?

. . .
E L E V E N

ALONE.

Once again, I'm alone. I hear no sounds, I see nothing but small white flakes of toxic debris. This, this is where I'm spending the rest of my life. This is where I'm going to die.

I have no food, no company, no hope, and no Mike. The last part is my fault, though. By bringing him here, all I did was hurt him and myself more. Because of me, he started to become insane. Who knows what tricks his brain is playing on him now, what kind of monsters his mind is coming up with. I made the mistake of becoming close with him. I never should have done that to Mike. He fell in love with me, I fell in love with him, and all it did was hurt us both.

Now, I'm more upset with myself than ever. I brought him here for a week, got his hopes up about us making it out alive, and then just sent him back. I just want him to be happy, but now he will never even see the light of day. It's my fault. I can't believe myself.

Maybe I deserve to be trapped like this. Maybe I deserve to suffer, because I'm the one that caused this in the first place.

I'm the monster.

"Alone," I cry, placing my head in my hands, wishing I could just be in Mike's basement again. Wishing we could just be happy for once in our lives.

Then again, maybe there's a reason that happiness doesn't exist in my world. Maybe I'm just a useless lab experiment, a weirdo, a freak, with no emotions. Maybe I'm just a glitch in this imperfect world.

I want my life to be over, but I can't bring myself to end it. I wish I was dead.
I wish we were all dead.

. . .
M Y S T E R Y P O V

I walk ever so lightly on my toes not wanting to wake these psychotic people up. I try to silence the clashing of supplies in my backpack, but it's not loud enough for anyone to hear. If they did, that would surely cause a stir, but it wouldn't be anything I couldn't fix with the pull of a trigger.

I hear voices coming from somewhere, and stop in my tracks. I look around the house, but all the lights are off. I walk around the corner to see a door with some light glowing through the crack. It seems to be a basement door, because the voices are still distant. I press my ear up against it, and hear the higher-pitched voices of children, two teenagers. I don't need to worry about them.

I check every room downstairs, and find that they are all empty. I begin to walk up the stairs, watching out for creaks. I see five doors upstairs, and carefully open the first one.
All I see are supplies and cleaning equipment, and my heart rate slows down. I go to the next door, and see a small bed. Around the walls are butterflies and flowers. A small figure raises up from the bed, rubbing her eyes. "Are you the toof-fairy?" She asks. "Santa-clause?"

"Yes," I whisper. "Now go back to sleep, little one."

The child lies her head back down, going back to sleep. I take out a small vial and quickly inject it into her neck. Luckily, she doesn't make a sound. I make my way out and I close the door. The next room seems like a teenage boy's, because I see Star Wars figures and posters hanging up around the walls. He isn't in here, so he's either in the basement or our looking for his little girlfriend. I move on to the next room, and notice that it's a teenage girl's room with no one in it. I finally open the last door, slowly and quietly.

There lay the parents, soundly asleep. I take my backpack off, and pull out the prepared syringes. I move the woman's hair from her neck, and her eyes flutter open. They immediately fill with panic, and I cover up her mouth before she screams.

"Shh, it'll all be over soon. You won't have to worry about a thing."

As soon as I inject her, she's out like a light. I do the same with the man, and quickly escape from the house.

Only 3 more houses to go, and three more memories to take away.

YALL I WROTE THIS AND IM STILL SHOOK
OK JUST INCASE IF UR STUPID THAT GUY WAS IN THE WHEELERS HOUSE AND HE TOOK AWAY KARENS AND TEDS AND HOLLYS MEMORIES BUT NOT NANCY AND MIKE
AND NOW HES GOING TO THE REST OF THE KIDS HOUSES
ALSO IM MAKING THESE BABIES SUFFER IM SORRY

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK OR THEORIES OR SOMETHING

LIKE WHO DO YOU THINK WAS TORTURING GRACIE?
WHO DO YOU THINK WAS MESSING WITH THE WHEELERS?
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

GIVE ME SOMETHING PPL

Lauren