Kidnapped|9

M I K E

"Feeling any better?" I ask, and El just shrugs.
"What 's put-ting" she asks, and I can't help but to laugh.
"Pudding, it's this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon," I say, and she gives me a disgusted look.
"Don't worry, when all this is over you won't have to eat junk food and leftovers like a dog anymore. My mom, she's a pretty awesome cook. She can make you anything you'd like."
"Eggos?" She asks, causing me to smirk. Her love for me will never be more than her love for eggos.
"Well, yeah, eggos. But real food too. See, I was thinking, once all this is over and Will's back and you're not a secret anymore, my parents can get you an actual bed for the basement. Or you can take my room, since I'm always down there anyways. My point is, they'll be like your new parents. And Nancy, she'll be like your new sister," I tell her, and she gives me a soft smile.
"Will you be like my brother," she asks, and my face immediately contorts. This is not where I meant for this conversation to go.
"What? No, no," I say as I shake my head.
"Why no?" She asks. I really don't know how to explain this.
"Because, because it's different."
"Why?"
"I guess it's not, I don't know. It's stupid," I say, looking off to the side.
"Mike?" She asks.
"Yeah?"
"Friends don't lie."
"Well, uh, I was thinking, I don't know, maybe we could go to the snowball together."
"Snowball?"
"It's cheesy school dance where you go in the gym and dance to music and stuff. I've never been, but I know you're not supposed to go with your sister?"
"No?" She asks.
"Well you could, but it would be really weird. You go to school dancing with someone that, someone that you like," I say, hoping she'll understand.
"A friend?" She asks, and I shake my head.
"No, not a friend. Someone like a," I sigh, look into her eyes, and go for it.
And before I know it, I'm kissing El.

I hear something, and it pulls me from my flashback. I look down at El, and notice her moving around. "Shh," I calm el, as she starts panicking in her sleep. 2 days, we've been trapped in here together for 2 days, but I know that's beyond compare for the year she's spent in here.

She lies with her head on my lap and the rest of her body curled up on the cold ground. I don't sleep, and I don't want to. Knowing that something could possibly come and hurt El while she's vulnerable is what keeps me awake. I see her lips move, and I hear her mutter, "Lucas? Dustin? Nancy?" All of a sudden, she starts hyperventilating and panicking even more. I shake her shoulders and try to wake her up, but she can't seem to calm down.

"El! It's just a dream, you don't have to be afraid!" I say, and her eyes shoot open. The first thing she does is shake her head, and put it between her knees.
"No," she says. "It was real."

When El says something is real, I know it's real. She connected with our friends somehow, and they must be doing something dangerous.

"What's wrong with them?" I ask her. "Why were you suddenly so scared?"

She just rises her head and looks back up at me, tears threatening to spill. I'm surprised either of us have any tears left after yesterday. Reuniting with the girl you love can be emotional.

"They're going to the bad," El says, with a slight shakiness in her voice. "And something bad will happen."

. . .
D U S T I N

Our feet are moving faster than our bodies can handle, and I'm pretty sure the cameras wouldn't even be able to pick us up with the amount of speed my body is enduring right now. "They're under less strict leadership," Hopper says. "I'm not sure if they're as cruel, well, they probably are, but I can tell you that no one is actually monitoring these cameras. The town has been clean for a year, and they aren't expecting anything."

We walk up to these big double doors, but Hop shakes his head. "We need to find another entrance. They probably have a secret one, so right now, everyone keep your eyes peeled."

I'm not gonna lie, this is super cool. I feel like a super hero or a spy. My life could be a comic or movie: The Adventures of Dustin Henderson. I can see it now.

Focus, I remind myself. Your friends are trapped in an alternate dimension and they need your help.

"Over here," Hopper says, running towards a big block of cement. It doesn't really look like anything, until he pulls a handle. It doesn't budge, and I see a combination lock on it. He puts his ear on it, and I have no idea what he's doing, but it seems to work. He opens the cement door, and I look down at the steps leading to the biggest tunnel I've ever seen.

"Whoa," Lucas and Will say at the same time.
"Who would've known," Nancy mumbles.
"The secrets that lie beneath the mysterious town of Hawkins, Indiana," I say in a deep detective voice, and I catch a glimpse of Nancy rolling her eyes, which makes me laugh.

We slowly step down into the tunnel, and I hear our footsteps echo throughout the halls.

I don't see anyone, and it looks like this place hasn't even been explored in years.

"No matter what you do, don't touch anything. Keep in mind that I may have to kill some people, so just go ahead and prepare yourselves."

We come across a big door with a lock on the front of it. This one doesn't have a combination. Hop tries to break it with the butt of his gun, but the lock is too strong.
"Wait," Nancy says, pulling a Bobby pin from her hair. She bends it and places it in the key hole, fiddling around with it, and the lock surprisingly opens.

And as soon as we open the doors, I am met with something that I've never seen before.
My lungs burn just from breathing. I see bits of white debris floating all around me. On the wall is a giant gathering of slime and other gross stuff that covers the whole room. It looks like some alien thanksgiving. The weird giant slimy thing seems like it's beating, like it's alive.

"Holy shi-" I start, but then I feel a giant pair of arms wrap around me and cover up my mouth. I look ahead, and see 3 men with hazmat suits coming our way. One knocks Hopper out with a gun, and the other two drag Lucas, Will, and Nancy back out of the doors that we came in. I try to fight, I try to get out of their grasp, but they're too strong.

And then I'm left alone, with nothing to look forward to but give up. I'm dragged down the halls and pushed into a small dark room. I bang on the doors, begging someone to open them, but I know it's useless.

All I wanted to do was save Mike and El. I just wanted to help my friends, and now none of us have a chance. Everything was going perfectly, but now I'm trapped here, and god knows what they're doing to the rest of them.

I start to feel dizzy, my legs go weak. I fall to the ground without trying to stop myself.

With the mixed feelings of confusion, sadness, anger, and loss,
I begin to cry.

IM SORRY BUT WHATS A STORY WITHOUT SOME SADNESS
IM JUST TRYING TO MAKE THIS DIFFERENT AND ORIGINAL
AND ALSO YALL ARE LIKE GHOST READERS
IDC THO HAHA I JUST LIKE WRITING
THANKS MY 5 READERS YOU ALL ARE SPECIAL
AND BTW A NEW CHARACTER WILL NE INTRODUCED SOON AND I AINT TALKING ABOUT MAX ALTHOUGH SHE WILL TOO
Lauren