Chapter 32

The faces of the family I had only imagined flashed in front of my eyes.

  Luke stood there with an expression I didn't know plastered onto his once happy face, and the crowd was silent as they watched the encounter between the two once connected people.

 They didn't know what was going on, but I did. I grabbed Luke's hand as the woman who I expected to be his mom let out a sob.

 "L-Luke." She cried.

 Luke stood frozen in the same position the whole time, only moving to lace his stiff fingers to mine.

 I looked around at the crowd and my eyes fell on Haley. This was her special day and I couldn't ruin it for her.

 I nudged Luke. "You cant do this here." I whispered to him.

 He flinched and finally realized the scene that crowded around him.

 I looked up and Luke's family was rushing over to him, but Luke turned and pulled me along to the trees on the other side of the area.

 I looked up at him confused, but by his look I decided to just go with it.

 The group of people went back to their wedding activities while we walked off with Luke's family following frantically behind us.

 After walking awhile, we reached a small clearing in the brush.

 Luke and I stood with our backs toward the people I didn't wish to know.

 The crunching of leaves and the footsteps stopped and all that was heard was an eerie silence fall over the area like a blanket.

 Seconds passed and no words were said through the thick silence that had set in that moment.

 A breath was taken and a shaky voice finally spoke, I just didn't expect it to be Luke's.

 "Why are you here?" He said roughly, not turning around.

 "We, we've been friends with Haley's parents for 4 years now...." Luke's dad answered abruptly.

 "We've missed you.." Luke's mom whispered and Luke tensed.

 "Maybe if you would've excepted me and hadn't shut me out, we would be here together eh?" Luke barked and turned us around to face some of the once loved demons from his past.

 "We didn't want to send you away son, we just didn't want you to become the man you are now." Luke's dad spoke.

 "Luke all we wanted to do was protect you from what you were set out to be, and having this girl around doesn't help you much." Luke's mom spoke smugly and the boy next to me finally snapped.

 "What the hell did you just say about her?" Luke snarled and his mom didn't even look the least bit scared.

 She turned to me in disgust.

 "Look at her. Did you pick her up from the club or something? She's a whore, and not a very pretty one at that. You could've changed and been such a- " She was cut off by Luke's harsh words

 "Don't you dare say another fucking word about her. She's the only reason I'm still here. You guys are both sick. Thinking I would change who I am just so I could impress my monsters of parents? You were wrong. I love her more than I've ever loved anyone and if you think I'm gonna take your side just because you asked me to... its an insult to everything I've worked for these past few months." Luke snarled and squeezed my hand tightly.

 They both look shocked and disgusted with his words towards him, but I couldn't be more thankful for the amazing anchor standing next to me.

 "Have fun with your whore Lucas." Luke's mother spat, and pulled her husband back to the party.

 I sighed and looked down at the ground as Luke wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head.

"Your none of those things Em." Luke spoke. "She just wants to use the things I care about to piss me off and try to get back at me for leaving."

 I looked up at him and he wiped away the tears I didn't know were running down my face.

 "Your are so perfect Emilee... I don't even know how I got you." He smiled.

 "Thank you. I love you Luke."

 "I love you more Em."

---

 We walked back to the wedding and I explained to Haley what had happened just a few minutes ago with Luke's parents.

 She just shrugged it off as I apologized and carried on with her wedding activities.

 We stayed for about one more hour, and in that time I had lots of food, tripped, and caught the bouquet of flowers that supposedly meant I was the lucky girl who was getting married next.

 Luke had laughed and I had blushed as I held out the flowers to him.

 "Someday babe." He had whispered.

 My heart had jumped in my chest as I heard those words come out of his mouth.

 someday...

---

 Luke's Point of View.

 I carried Emilee to the car and set her down in the passenger seat, making sure to put on her seatbelt.

 I'm sure she had been exhausted after everything that had gone on today, and I felt bad that I had let my mother talk to her like that.

 She shifted and I looked over to see her beautiful, sleepy brown eyes open and look at me.

 "Hey sleepyhead." I joked with her and she giggled quietly.

 "Where are we going?" She asked me.

 "Home babe. You can go back to sleep and I'll make sure you get to bed." I whispered.

 "M'kay."

 I nuzzled back into the seat and shut her eyes.

 "I love you Luke." She mumbled.

 "I love you more than anything Em." I answered.

 And that was the truest thing I had ever said.

------------------------------------------

hey guys. so I was really happy with the beginning of the chapter... but I don't know what happened the last half and im sorry.

 I promise the next chapter will be betta.

                                                                                             kisses- em xx