Chapter 29

I visited Luke in that jail room for a month, and I missed him so much.

 I didn't think I could stand it anymore.. he kept telling me to be strong, but I didn't have many people to turn to.

 Haley had gotten engaged to Niall and Allison and Jillian had found some family in Georgia and were trying to move there.

 I had tried cutting again, but I couldn't let Luke be disappointed when he got out. I would feel awful if he knew how weak I really was.

 I had visited him today already and now I was sitting alone in our apartment.

 I couldn't stand not having him around, I almost forgot what it was like to be alone.

 I sighed and turned on the tv, just to cancel out the silence of the empty room, just thinking over ideas, the bail...

 I suddenly jumped out of my seat and squealed.

 I had an idea of how to get Luke out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 I waited impatiently for Luke to exit the prison doors. I twiddled my thumbs and bit my bottom lip anxiously.

 The door quickly swung open as Luke stepped into fresh air for the first time in 2 months. He searched around the scene until his glance met mine.

 Before I could take in a breath, he was running to me.. and I was running to him.

 We collided and his arms tightly wrapped around me.  Our feet tangled and we fell to the ground.

 Happy tears stained his grey tshirt as I sobbed In joy.

 I was laid on top of him, staring down into his beautiful blue eyes and our lips met for the first time in a long time.

 I smiled into the sweet kiss... which lasted a little longer than planned as we noticed strange starts pointed toward us.

 Luke chuckled and pulled us up into a standing position, his hands never leaving my waist.

 "I missed you so much Em." He smiled and laid his head in the crook of my neck.

 "I missed you more, don't worry." I said to him and played with the hair on the small of his neck.

 He pulled away and smiled down at me, giving me another peck on the lips and pulling me to my car.

 I giggled as he opened the door for me and jogged to the drivers side of the car.

 He hopped in and smiled as the car purred to life and blasted Nirvana through the speakers. He looked like he was about to hit the pedal, but he stopped abruptly and turned the music down.

 "How did you get the money?" He asked softly.

 "What?"

 "I said how did you get the money... please don't make this hard." He pleaded and locked eyes with me.

 I turned red and looked at my feet as they nervously moved around.

 "I- I used my college money that I had saved up..." I whispered, not meeting eyes with him."If I couldn't spend my college with you, then I didn't want to go.."

 "Look at me Emilee." He said, but I refused to move.

 He sighed and his fingers lifted my head up so I was looking at him.

 He gave me a sad, serious smile that held a bit of worry.

 "Why in the world would you do something that stupid?" He asked me and a tear ran down my cheek.

 "I hate being without you...."  Was all I could say before I burst out into tears.

 Luke was suddenly unbuckling my seatbelt and pulling me to sit on his lap.

 "Shh baby its okay." He cooed and I planted my head into his chest.

 "I just didn't want to be without you." I mumbled and his chest vibrated with laughter.

 "And how the hell did you think I felt?" He said and I smiled up at him. He stared at me for a minute, then spoke.

 "Well thank you Em. I swear I will pay every single cent back, so don't argue with me!" He said and I frowned, then gave in and giggled at him.

 "So where to Mr. Hemmings?" I asked in a British accent.

 "I dunno miss. How about we go home and cuddle?" He said in the same accent, but he sounded so cute when he spoke.

 I nodded and smiled, then moved back into my original seat.

 The whole ride, his hand never left mine.

 And that's exactly how I wanted it to be.

------------