Chapter 1: Spring

Warning(s): Sexual Abuse Mention (A bit disturbing, so a fair warning)

 Berlin, Germany

 Laughter rang out as children played around a grassy area. There was very little playground equipment in sight, except for a plastic horse on a spring and a rusty swing set. There was also a pond nearby with ducks that swam back and forth and never met the center.

Luther, a blonde haired, brown eyed 4 year old boy was playing tag with a few other boys. He ran as fast as his little feet would make him as he chased a boy and giggled. The boy he was chasing was laughing and kept looking over his shoulder, hoping Luther wouldn't catch up to him.

Viktor, a red headed, blue eyed 4 year old boy sat by himself, reading a book on Sesame Street that was written in German. Every now and then he'd watch his brother play with other children before his eyes returned back to the page. He read every page as he swung his feet back and forth playfully on the bench, making it creak a bit.

Franziska was seated with her legs crossed, moving her sunglasses from it's resting place on her head, down to the bridge of her nose. She held her forehead as she felt a headache come on. The creaking of the bench that was caused by Viktor wasn't giving her a headache, or she just wasn't sure that it was. She let it slide, simply being happy that she was accompanied by her children. Franziska smiled as she wrapped an arm around Viktor, causing him to rest against his mother. He smiled, sporting dimples on each cheek. The embrace was short-lived before they both heard a scream coming from the grassy area. Their heads meeting the sound.

Franziska was the first to get up before Viktor soon followed. The scream didn't come from Luther. It came from a child who was playing with Luther.

Once they ran over to the grassy area, the child was on the ground with a bloody, skinned knee and in tears. Luther's body was stiff as he stared straight forward, his eyes being dilated and darker in color. His breathing was shallow as well.

"Luther," Franziska asked in concern, sliding her sunglasses from the bridge of her nose and up to her head again. Kneeling down to meet his height, observing him. "Did you push him?"

His eyes turned red for a split second before going back to their normal dark brown color. He blinked numerous times before blood started to run from his nostrils and down the lower half of his face.

Franziska's eyes widened before she immediately picked up Luther and grabbed Viktor's hand. She walked quickly out of the park, attempting to not cause a bigger scene.

She kept glancing behind her shoulder before she made it to the sidewalk, placing Luther slowly back down onto his feet.

"Luther, sweetie, speak to me." Her voice screaming panic as she held Luther at his shoulders, staring directly at him.

"He's trapped." Luther simply replied in his usual small voice.

There was silence.

"Who's trapped?"

Luther blinked numerous times again before he actually looked normal. Wiping the blood off of his nose with his long sleeve before his bottom lip trembled and he began to tear up. Tears followed down his cheeks before he sobbed.

"Shhh," Fran pulled Luther closer to her, resting a hand in his hair.

Viktor pouted before he walked up to Luther, wrapping his arms around him as well.