Brooklyn Boys

Imagine Being Picked on by the Brooklyn Boys
"Hey, Manhattan!" one of the Brooklyn newsies yells. "Ya do know you're on our turf, right?"
"In fact, I do, thank you very much," you reply. Dressed as a boy, you trick everyone. Surviving on the streets is just easier that way. Ignoring him, you breeze by.
"Hey, fellas!" the boy cries to his friends. "Looks like little Manhattan here doesn't know where he belongs!"
"Well, let's teach him then," another boy suggests, rushing up to you and grabbing your arm.
"Get off of me, fleabag!" you cry. If your cap comes off, your secret is out. The boy doesn't let go, and there are more boys coming. In a desperate attempt, you swing wildly at him and manage to hit him right in the nose, hard.
Blood begins trickling, and he lets go of you to hold his nose. You turn to run, but one of the other boys shoves you to the ground. Your head hits a wall, and you see stars. When they finally clear away, you see Boots, the sidewalk, and... your cap! You grab it and sit up, trying to get it back on your head, but it's too late. Two (h/c) pigtails fall over your shoulders.
"That's no boy..." one comments.
"No, but she is a newsie, and she is still on our turf!" another boy exclaims, hauling you up by your shirt front and dangling you in the air.
"Put her down!" a familiar voice commands. "You alright, (y/n)?"
"Jack!" you cry and rush to him as soon as you're free. Suddenly, you feel dizzy, and everything seems to spin. You steady yourself against his shoulder. "I hit my head pretty hard, but otherwise I'm okay," you say softly once the dizziness passes.
"You think Spot Conlon's gonna like it that you guys were picking on a girl?" Jack asks, clearly angry. "And don't think I won't tell him!"
"Aw, c'mon, Kelly," the 'leader' groans. "We didn't know she was a girl!"
"Well, it didn't seem to stop ya when ya did know!" Jack retorts.
"Don't tell him!" another boy pleads.
"Then this better not happen again, got it?" Jack threatens.
"Fine," the first boy mutters. "Now get outta here, both of ya!"