Take My Picture? - P.28

Shaking violently from the cold atmosphere and the realization of what was happening all around, you leaned carefully against the broken wood wall of the small fort that had been constructed. Every so often you could feel Will's eyes on you though neither person exchanged a word unable to find anything to say at all. Your thoughts ran wild though they weren't exactly on your current situation. Your parents flashed through your mind followed by Jonathan and even Kelly. The moments that were in the past seemed to now haunt you making you wish they were cherished and appreciated more. 

"Everything...will be okay..." Will finally breathed out rather quietly though loud enough for you to hear.

"Why are you whispering?" you asked with a cracked voice ignoring his false sense of hope that he was trying to push onto you. "Why...." you began again before Will quickly interrupted you.

"Shhh..." he half commanded with a slight crack in his voice. He must have been just as thirsty as you were. "It'll hear us."

Slowly, you pulled away from the hard wood that was acting as your support feeling your sticky skin wanting to hold onto the surface. Your eyes drifted over to the young boy who looked like he had just been through hell and back. His pale skin, severe eye bags, and tired look made a quick but rough pang through your heart instantly feeling sorry for him. He had been alone for so long while you had only been in this nightmare for a short amount of time. Surely, though, just going off how you mentally and physically felt it was safe to say your appearance was something similar to his. 

"What will hear us?" you swallowed finally taking in the last bit of his words. 

Though it only took a few moments of silence for it to hit you. The thing that attacked you in the woods would hear us. 

"That thing..." you spoke up again not giving him the chance to provide an answer. "That thing. We have to get away from that thing. We're not safe here."

Your eyes scanned around the damaged fort frantically instantly noticing all of the cracks and openings that provided zero safety. Surely, if that thing returned it would easily notice the two of you and quickly tear this fort apart. Pushing completely away from the wall, you began to crawl toward the opening of the fort that didn't even have a real door to protect from the elements. 

"Come on we need to find a safer place." you told him urgently suddenly feeling a small hand on your leg applying just a hint of pressure.

"We can't go out there!" Will whispered a bit louder making a half-assed attempt to stop you though he knew he wasn't near strong enough to succeed. "Please we have to..."

Snap

"Oh sweet Jesus." you automatically as you heard that familiar noise of something breaking on the ground nearby. 

Your muscles instantly tensed as you felt the grip Will had on your leg tighten as well. Something was out there lurking around while yourself and young boy sat helplessly in damaged wooden fort without a proper door or any other passage for escape. 

The two of you remained completely quiet listening as closely as possible for any sort of noise in the surrounding area. Though before you could let out the breath that you had been holding in, the sound of a monster like scream right beside the fort prompted a scream of terror from both you and Will. 

The wall that you were once leaning on quickly came down without the thing struggling at all. A part of you had been ready to run as far away from the area as possible though the other part made you stay with Will no matter what was about to happen. Putting up a fight seemed to no longer be an actual option as the thing quickly entered the fort with its face completely peeled apart flaunting the many teeth that could tear your skin like tissue paper. Just as you were about to make one last attempt to protect Will, your body and mind lost consciousness either from a powerful strike or the insane fear of confronting an actual monster.

~~~To be continued~~~