Take my picture? - P.4

You watched quietly as the back of Jonathan's car quickly went out of view surely heading back home. Folding your arms in front of your chest you breathed in carefully trying desperately to control the rapidly increasing heart beat that seemed to be threatening your life. You had just invited Jonathan Byers, whom you couldn't even look at this morning, to your home for a private photo shoot. And the craziest part was that he actually accepted even after apologizing for taking photos without your permission. Suddenly, that spike in confidence you felt while looking at his photos had completely drained out of your body sending you into a spiraling mess. 

"Oh my goodness." you said to yourself in a slight panic. "What have I done..."

"What did you do?" Kelly's voice appeared without warning as she had just heard what you said. 

Turning around quickly, she looked at you with wide eyes unsure of what had happened in her absence though at the same time it looked like she was dying to know. However the longer the silence went on the more she began to realize that the conversation between you and Jonathan had been a good one. 

"Tell me everything." she demanded in excitement. "Right now." 

"He's coming over tonight." you answered breathlessly with a bit of desperation in your voice. 

"He's what!?" she answered again louder than she should have earning a few unwanted glances from the adults walking around. 

"He's coming over tonight to take some pictures with his camera." you told her trying to control the level of your own voice as well. "His work is so good and I thought it would be cool to have some good quality pictures done."

"Okay. I'm gonna remain calm for right now. We need to get you ready. Let's go right now." she said simply beginning to walk at a faster pace in the direction of her house carrying the grocery bag of snacks that she had picked out without much of your help. 

Without saying another word you quickly followed behind her trying to keep up with her fast walk though failing despite your best efforts. 

---3 Hours Later---

"You look so good, (Y/n). Seriously I'm so proud right now." Kelly told you over emotionally placing a hand on her chest like a proud parent. 

After two long hours of prepping for Jonathan's arrival, the two of you finally felt satisfied with the dress you were wearing, the loose curls of your hair, and the slight make-up that had been refreshed.

Your body shook as the sound of cars went past your house wondering which one would finally be him. While you never gave him a specific time to come over you were sure it would be close to the ending of dinner. It was already six o'clock and the sun was no longer as high in the sky creating a more dim look outside. 

"Alright. I guess my work here is done." she announced gathering her backpack sending you into another instant panic. 

"What? Where are you going?" you asked her clearly not feeling confident enough to be alone with him even for a minute. 

"You'll be fine. Just relax and be yourself." she replied not really giving you the answer you wanted. "Deep breaths. I believe in you."

She flashed a smile at you before walking out of the front door and into the open air ready to walk home. You examined her as she walked away noticing that she didn't have a care in the world secretly wishing you feeling like her. 

You were afraid to be alone with Jonathan mostly because you found him incredibly attractive though the other part had been due to his brother. You were sure he thought about his missing sibling constantly and you couldn't help but wonder if it was a bad idea inviting him over when he could be using his time looking in the woods along with the other volunteers. Though at the same time you thought maybe this was a welcome small distraction from the hell he was currently living in. He did, after all, agree to come over despite everything terrible that had been going on. 

Suddenly, a familiar car came up the small street before stopping completely in front of your house. Realizing you still stood in the front door frame without closing the door you began feel warm and a bit embarrassed knowing that it was too late to retreat back into the house. Instead you watched as he stepped out of the drivers seat wearing his usual jeans, a black t-shirt, and a red checkered over shirt with the sleeves rolled up. The sight of his bare forearms caught your attention instantly as he brought a single strap of his backpack over his shoulder and began walking up the sidewalk. 

"Hi." he called out in his flawless voice that suddenly eased any fears you were having. It seemed there was something special about his voice that relaxed you every time you heard it. 

"Hello, Jonathan." you answered feeling unreal as you actually said his name. 

He wore a nice and sincere smile on his face as he kept his eyes on you the entire walk to the front door. Your hands slightly shook as you moved aside so he could enter your home for the first time. 

"Wow. You have a really nice home." he complimented looking around examining the artwork on the wall and the decor that had been strategically spread out. 

"Thank you." you responded leading him to the staircase where your room had been. "Let's go up to my bedroom."

"R-really?" he asked hesitating for just a moment before quickly catching up with you. 

"Yeah. I'm not sure when my parents are coming home and I know they'll ask you a thousand questions if they see you." you told him remembering just how much your parents loved meeting whoever you brought to the house.

Jonathan chuckled as he continued to follow you from the top of the staircase to the first bedroom on the right that had been yours. Moving aside once again, he walked in before you as you shut the door following him in.

~~~To be continued~~~