O N E

T Y L E R ' S   P O V :

"Tyler, honey, you need to get ready for school. You don't want to be late again." I hear my mom say, and I see her poke her head into my room a couple seconds later, to find me still laying in bed. Not making a single move to get ready, because I didn't want to go, and I couldn't handle another day in that hellhole. I just couldn't do it, as much as I didn't want o accept it, I had to. There was nothing I could do about it.

"TYLER ROBERT JOSEPH, IF YOU DON'T GET READY, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!!" I hear her yell once more, and I hear her stomping up the stairs and towards my bedroom, I jump up and run over to my closet to find something to wear. I hear my door open just as I slip a shirt over my chest.

"I am getting ready mom, I will be downstairs in just a minute." I tell her without turning around while finding a pair of black skinny joggers. Once those are on, I grab my bookbag, shut my light off, and head down the stairs. As soon as I reach the kitchen, I sense the familiar smell of bacon. Once the smell hits my nostrils, I immediately loose my appetite. I haven't been very hungry at all. I'm not really sure why. There are a lot of things about me that I don't know. My mom has leukemia, and she will die soon, and once she dies, so will I. I will have no reason to be alive, she is the only thing that has kept me alive all these years. And surprisingly, the news about her illness didn't affect me like I thought it would. I almost don't care, because I am ready to just die. 

"Mom, I'm not really hungry, so I am just gonna go ahead and leave for school." I tell her, grabbing my jacket, since it was October in Ohio. I also grabbed my wallet and keys. Telling her bye, I headed out the door into the cold air, sending a shiver up my spine. I quickly ran to my car and got in, starting it and turning on the heat to the highest setting. Once it was somewhat warm in the car, I pulled out of my driveway and just drove. I didn't know where, I just knew that I wasn't going to go to school. I couldn't go back there. Not after what happened last time. I tried committing suicide last time I was there.

Before I knew it, I was parking in an all too familiar place: the forest. I used to spend a lot of time here when I needed to think, but ever since my mom got sick, I have been caring for her, so I haven't been out here as much. I got out of the car, locking it, and putting my car keys in my pocket. I had no control over where my feet were taking me, yet I knew exactly where I was going to end up; the old cedar tree in the far corner of the woods. I t was the oldest tree out here, and had so many memories, good and bad, just like me. I used to come up here and just lean against that tree for hours just thinking, and today was no different. 

I didn't take me long to get there since I knew exactly where it was. Once the tree was in sight, I immediately started running towards it, and when I reached it, I just slid down it until my butt hit the ground. I closed my eyes and started thinking. 

I heard a sound of rustling in the bushes. I snap my eyes open and look around frantically, trying to identify what made the noise. I look, but no luck, so I just close my eyes, only to be greeted by the sound again. This time I just chose to ignore it.. I hear it again and again, still ignoring it. Then I feel something brush against my shoulder, I quickly open my eyes as my heart beat increases. I look around and don't see anything, but I decide to leave my spot against the tree to walk around. As soon as I get up, I feel something tap my shoulder, making my reflexes turn me around, and in front of me was a muscular boy with died pink hair. He was about my height and had dark brown eyes. He had on a Fall Out Boy t-shirt and some black skinny jeans that suited him well. He was very intimidating though.

"P-please don't hurt me!" I yell, trying to run away, only to have a strong hand grab my wrist, pulling me around with all of the force. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." He said, putting an emphasis on 'promise' like I could trust him when I didn't know a single thing about him, not even his name.

"How can I trust you when I don't even know you?" I ask yelling, hoping someone will hear me in case something happens. 

"Because I can tell that we have a lot in common. I can see it in your eyes. You've been hurt and I can also tell that you have hurt yourself." He says, and I can tell that he was trying not to creep my out with this information, making me relax a little. Now that I knew he wasn't going to hurt me, or was he...