b r u i s e s

Angie's Pov

Philips face still held the flustered look it had when (Y/n) turned around and walked down the cobblestone sidewalk.

He looked down, baffled at what had just happened. He wasn't used to her kind of response towards him. I know because I'm always with him when he talks to a different girl each day.

"So, what did it feel like to be rejected for the first time?" I smirked.

He looked up and faced me. But I noticed his eyes were slightly red and puffy. Had been crying this whole time? My smirk turned into a frown. Honestly, I was a little concerned.

"Ha!" He scoffed. "I've been rejected before Angie,"

"Really?!" I said sarcastically. Philip just rolled his eyes. "Wait, so then why were you crying if you've been rejected before. All you do is move onto the next girl that walks by. So what's so different about her that made you cry?"

"First of all, I wasn't crying,"

"Yes, you were." I interrupted him

"No, I wasn't"

"Yes, you were."

"Whatever," Phillip said crossing his arms. We walked in silence for a minute until I decided to exasperate him one last time.

"Yes, you were," I whispered but just loud enough so he could hear.

"Angie!" Phillip exclaimed with a bit of frustration in his voice. I put my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, Okay, I'll stop."

"Finally, thank you," Philip said dramatically.

"I still can't believe I made a friend today," I said smiling at the parchment paper that (Y/n) gave me with her address written in perfect cursive handwriting.

"Ha, yes I can't believe it either," Philip said smirking.

I rolled my eyes and nudged him in the side with my elbow, laughing.

"Wait, did you ever get her name?" Philip asked curiously.

"Yes, I did get her name."

"Then how come I didn't?" Philip asked confused. I shook my head slightly at his dumbfoundedness. Even though Philip was very intelligent, he could be stupid sometimes.

"She's smart and isn't going to fall for you and your flirtatious demeanor as quickly as the other girls are going to." Philip rolled his eyes and hesitantly looked at me.

"Um, what is her name?"

"Hmm," I began sarcastically, tilting my head and looking up. "I don't know if I should tell you. She didn't seem very interested in you."

"But I'm interested in her!" Philip pleaded. I looked at him a giggled. He looked stressed over (Y/n).

"I'll think about it."

"Aw come on Ang, ple-"

"I didn't say no, I said I'll think about it," I said cutting him off.

Philip sighed. "Okay. I'll find out eventually,"

"No, you won't," I scoffed.

"Try me," Philip said.

Philip and I both stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

Before we knew it, we were home. I couldn't wait to tell mama and papa about today. I ran up the pathway and stepped onto the front porch where I didn't bother to knock. I live here after all.