Chapter 7: They were the sick ones...

^^^ Nick

~~~~~~~

The kisses got more intense, we were on the ground by now I was on top of him. His hands explored my body over my wet cold clothes. I was surprise at how naturally this came to me. Any thoughts of being nervous or scared completely left my mind. My focus was Vic's lips. A warm feeling creeped in the pit of my stomach. I felt the front of his jeans rub against mine and the friction was unlike anything I ever felt. It made me snap back to reality.

"we should stop." I said picking myself up, I straighten out my damp clothes once I was on my feet. "what's wrong?" Vic asked catching his breath, still on the ground looking up at me. Everything hit me at once It was almost too much to handle. I was here to be cured of this but its only making it worse. I was mad. Mad at myself for giving in so easily, mad at Vic for encouraging it, he was supposed to be here to help cure me instead of enticing me but most of all I was mad at god for making this way.

I stood there frozen "what's on your mind?" he asked getting up and putting his arm around me. I quickly pulled away. "don't touch me!" I yelled. At this point tears filled my eyes. Vic looked at me confused. "kellin tells me what's wrong." he demanded.

"I don't wanna be this way! Why am I like this?! Why are you doing this to me!?" I broke down. I fell to my knees. So many thoughts were flooding my head. It was too much. I didn't understand.

"hey it's alright, listen I know your confused I was too." I let him hold me this time, I didn't care I was so over run with emotion right now." there is nothing wrong with you, it took me a while to realize I was born this way, you can't change that."

"Then why are you here? Why are you working at a cure camp? it doesn't make sense." I looked up at him, sniffling my nose. He let out a light chuckle.

"good question, I was sent here when I was 16 at that time Adams father ran the camp who was a Priest and so happen to be my uncle on my mother's side.

I always knew I was gay really. As soon as I saw Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo + Juliet I was like 'YEP THAT'S IT" he smiled putting hands up I let out small laugh before he went on. "but anyway, the entire thought of a 'cure camp' made me sick but at that time so did the fact that I was the way I am. I remember telling my uncle the priest that I had 'unnatural' feelings towards a boy in my catholic school. I should have known he would tell my parents and then later recommend them to this place.

He called it his salvation, Said it saved him from his demons. back then in the 60s and 70s they used shock therapy and inhumane shit like that. that's why it got shut down in 89. My uncle Bought it, remodeled it, got rid of the harsh treatments and Substituted it for prayer and therapy to help 'sick' young boys and girls. I agreed to come, I thought it would actually cure me ya know? but it did nothing but hurt me more. I was depressed and angry at myself and god.

The counselors then were Horrible, they were the sick ones.." I watched as he stared off into space, a hurt and disgusted look on his face. One tear fell from his left eye. I could see that recalling his time here opened some old wounds. I wiped the tear from his face with my finger which brought him back to reality. He looked at me, putting on a fake smile. "I became a counselor here to help...really help, not shame you or make you feel like there's something wrong with you. I don't believe in this cure stuff honestly, I believe in therapy and talking." This time his smile was genuine.

"what about Danni?" I asked nervously. Vic sighed "well that's another story...all I'm going to say about that right now is its over between us for a number of reasons that I'm not going to get into tonight, Too much for a first date." He laughed.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you" I said with my head down. Vic held my head up by my chin it his fingers and looked me in the eyes, the moon light was hitting them just right to were his chocolate brown eyes glowed. he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine for a few moments.