Retaliation

I walked into my bedroom in the clubhouse and sat on my bed. Just as i was about to lay back and relax, there was a knock at my door. Jax walked in and shut the door.

"Sheriff just pulled in, he wants to talk to you about the shooting."  I ran my hand through my hair and let out a sigh. "Dont give him any leads, i will not let him find out who it was before the club does." I nodded my head and left the room and met the sheriff in the parking lot.

"Jacklyn, nice to see you." 

"Cut the shit what do you want?" He rolled his eyes and smirked.

"That shooting downtown, you were named as a witness, just wanted to find out what you know?"

"Nothing, I was too busy fearing for my life to ask them why or who they were." 

"Right, well if you get any info, its very important you tell me." He handed me his business card and i slid it into my pocket. "Take care now." He turned around and climbed into his cruiser, leaving the TM parking lot.

I turned around and walked back into the clubhouse, just as everybody entered the chapel. I walked through the doors, shutting them behind me and taking my spot at the table.

"We have some info on the who tried to take out Jacklyn. We are meeting with them tonight, but so far i have word that it was a retaliation, for what Jacklyn did inside." Jax looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "Care to tell us what you did?" 

That's when it hit me, it was retaliation for the girl i did a number on.

"When i first got in i needed protection, i had to prove my worth. This girl, Natalia, she was going to rat. They asked me to take care of it for protection." 

"You whacked a girl and never told us?" Tig asked me in total disbelief.

"I couldn't exactly say anything over a phone call, and i just never really put the two together until now." I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back in my chair. 

"Do you know anything else?" Jax asked, not making eye contact with me.

"I just know her old man makes and deals crank, nothing big just some trailer park shit." 

"We meet tonight with this guy, Jacklyn you're going to the cabin, I want juice to go with you. Im gonna need the rest of you guys with me." Everybody agreed with the plan and Jax slammed the gavel against the plate. 

Everybody started to file out of the room and as i stood up Jax told me to stay.

"I thought i got you protection in there."

"Jax you did, but they still wanted me to prove they could trust me." I paused and looked at my brother, who was still avoiding me. "Jax im sorry it was either her or me, and i chose to be a little bit selfish." Jax looked over at me and shook his head.

"Dad always knew you'd be trouble." He smiled and i let out a small chuckle.

"Are you sure i cant go with tonight?" Jax immediately shook his head.

"If you killed his old lady hes gonna want you dead, i dont want him to see you. I know you're apart of this club, but your safety is important to me." I nodded my head. "Trust me when this shit gets figured out you can go home and come on runs with us again, but for now, i need you safe." 

"I get it Jax. I should probably go pack some stuff." I stood up and walked to the door, but stopped before opening it.

"Jax, be safe please." he nodded his head.

"I will, you too." 

I walked out of the chapel and shut the door behind me, making my way down the hallway to my room. I grabbed a duffle bag out of my closet and while i was pulling it off the shelf an old shoe box fell off, spilling its contents of pictures all over the small closet. I set the bag on the bed and went back to pick up the pictures. I started looking through them and they brought back memories. They were mostly of my childhood, Jax and I growing up together, Dad and i on my first motorcycle ride, mom teaching me how to make cookies. Sweet memories that were forever visually documented. As i got to the bottom of the pile, they got newer. Pictures of me at prom, graduating high school, getting my first harley, and then Opie and me when we first got together. I remember those moments the most, and it was almost as if i could still feel how nervous i was in those moments. There was a knock at the door and it startled me back to reality.

"Come in." I quickly started putting the pictures back into the box, and my mom walked in.

"Hey hun, whatcha doin with those?" She sat on the bed, pointing to the pictures.

"It fell when i got the suitcase down." I shoved the box back where it went, and then picked a few shirts to bring with to the cabin. "Whats up ma?"

"Nothing, just wanted to talk with you before you left, make sure you're okay."

"Im fine mom, really." I shut the closet doors behind me and put the shirts into the bag.

"Well i picked up some groceries for the cabin, that way you can have more than just Pineys diet of booze and microwave meals." We both smiled at the truth that was in that statement. I walked into my bathroom and grabbed my toiletries, and when i got back to my bed, my mom was looking at a picture that never found its way back into the box.

"I remember this day. Opie had took you on your first official date, got you flowers and you two got all fancy and everything." I walked over to my dresser, packing my unmentionables and pants. "You two were so happy."

"I know mom okay i get it." I shoved my items into the bag and zipped it shut. "I just don't want to talk about it. I wiped my eyes with my back turned to her and put the strap on my shoulder. 

"Im sorry, i just wish you two would talk, thats all." I turned around and my mom set the picture on my nightstand. 

"Yeah, me too mom." I gave her a hug and examined the picture over her shoulder.

"Be safe please. I love you too much darlin." She kissed my cheek and left my room.

"You ready to go?" I turned around and saw my brother standing in the doorway. 

"Yeah, i am." I put my kutte on and then my sweatshirt over it and Jax tossed me his truck keys.

"Its not safe for you to be on your bike, and your Jeep is kinda wounded still." I rolled my eyes and smirked.

"We could put stickers over it?" He raised his eyebrows and i let out a subtle laugh. 

"Me, Juice, and Opie are gonna follow you up there." I nodded and we walked out to the TM parking lot.