It was the way his grey eyes gazed at her with admiration and concern or the way he unconsciously had his large palm caressing her small hands or maybe it was just the way that he'd protect the Woods girl with his life.

"Jazzy? Did you just hear a word of what I just said?" A small smile cracked upon his face as he realised Jasmine hadn't listened to a word he had just said but instead just ogled him from her place in the hospital bed. Damon cleared his throat to announce his presence, after feeling awkward and suffocating in the sexual tension.

"I said five minutes, buddy." Damon planted a firm hand on Kai's shoulder as if he was ready to drag him out of the room but instead Kai quickly turned around in response and snapped Damon's neck with the flick of his wrist.

"Let's get you out of here Jazzy." Kai leant down and unhooked Jasmine from all the wires that were inserted into her and scooped her up bridal style.

⊠ ⊠ ⊠

Jasmine was sleeping in her old bed at Kai and Jasmine's old house but was abruptly awoken to the sound of a heart monitor next to her. Panicked, she sat up frantic as she looked to the side of her to see the sleeping body of Winona Sullivan with all the medical equipment surrounding her.

"I have to swap your soul soon, we're running out of time and the Salvatores were just slowing us down." Kai inspected Winona's comatose body with that unreadable expression, Jasmine hated it because she could never work out what he was feeling inside. 

"I'm going to miss your old self when you switch, you won't be the same Jazzy." He told Jasmine honestly, he was never this honest with Jasmine.

"She wants me dead. Doesn't she?" Jasmine began to receive a nosebleed once again with the black substance dripping down her cupids bow. She cupped her nose, embarrassed, in attempt to cover the ink-like fluid from Malachai. 

"I'm going to tell you the truth now Jazzy as it won't matter anymore when you're in Winona's body." Kai began reluctantly.

"When I was in Hell, Esmeralda offered the deal that I would be free from Hell if I got revenge on the Salvatore brothers. I didn't really research you for months; she told me all about you before we even met and to seal the deal.. to insure my permanent fixture on Earth I would have had to kill you to hurt Damon and Stefan otherwise I'd be dragged back down to Hell. But I won't let that happen, Jazzy, I can't let that happen." Kai promised her but it didn't seem like enough to Jasmine.

Esmeralda was a ruthless Infernum witch whereas Jasmine and Kai were just a heretic and a human. They were nothing compared to her as she had the whole of Hell on her side and they had the Mystic Falls gang that hopefully had their backs.

"Kai, it's okay. I trust you." Smiling a genuine smile, something that she hadn't felt her self do in a very long time. Stockholm Syndrome was a distant memory in Jasmine's mind - she knew her own feelings and she knew her own mind. Jasmine would never allow to let the words of Bonnie Bennett (somebody who scarred Kai badly) meddle with her again.

"Are you ready?" Kai cleared his throat whilst rolling his sleeves up anxiously, he was nervous about doing the spell. The spell could end catastrophically going wrong and there is an alarming chance that Jasmine or Winona could die during the spell. Jasmine nodded reluctantly towards the heretic, allowing a small smile to appear on her face in admiration for Kai.

Kai pulled the blade from his back pocket - if this had been four months ago she would have retreated immediately. The fear she had of Kai had vanished and all she could feel was trust for the supernatural boy. Delicately, Kai sliced Jasmine's outstretched palm and mimicked his actions on Winona's hand.

He then gestured for Jasmine to hold Winona's hand tightly and she obliged immediately. After taking a deep breath, Jasmine clasped Winona's bleeding palm in hers while lying back in her bed with too many thoughts running her mind. She knew without Kai having to tell her that this could end deadly and both of them might not wake up ever again but she had to take the chance.

Cracking his knuckles, Kai took a deep breath before closing his eyes in preparation for the spell. Anxiety ridden, he began mumbling in the foreign language that Jasmine had always believed to be latin. Immediately, Jasmine began to feel a part of her being sucked out of her body, a pain that was indescribable. It felt as if a part of you was being sucked out of you, your soul being torn away from your being.

Jasmine let out a loud moan at the torment that she was being forced through. Kai scrunched his face up in concentration in attempt to not think about the pain he knew he was putting Jasmine through right now. The crimson liquid that the pair had grown accustomed to began to drip from both Jasmine and Winona's noses as the spell was too much for all three of them to handle.

"I can't- I can't do it Kai." She cried out in pain, arching her back as she did so, Kai felt his heart shatter at the idea of hurting Jasmine again. He placed a hand on her free hand to comfort the girl and she squeezed it in response. "Jazzy, you can do this. Just hold on, hold on for me." Kai had sweat dripping from his forehead from trying to concentrate too hard.

"I-I don't think I can-" Jasmine let out one final gasp for air before slowly closing her eyes to free herself from the agony.

20 DAYS UNTIL MY LAST EXAM, I CANNOT WAIT HONESTLY. 
Sorry for leaving it on a major cliffhanger lmao but thank you so much for reading, like I'm almost at 6K reads and that means so much to me. Don't forget to vote and comment!