Chapter 4

[Harry]

"No, I don't want to have someone looking after me all day, every day."

Louis wants me to have a bodyguard. I hate bodyguards. They're stupid and useless. Well, not really useless but... They're always getting in people's way, with their massive arms, broad shoulders and strong statures. I hate it! They're so intimidating!

Normal people live on their own. I don't see why I have to hire a guy who will look after me when just because it's his job and he gets paid for it. They say that all they want to do is protect people like me but they just want money. It's always about the money.

No one wants to be shot or die for somebody else. That's normal. I wouldn't give my life for someone I didn't really know. Well, I don't think I would...

"Harry freaking Styles!" Louis yells.

Louis is still off with me. He's always glaring at me and avoiding me. I don't know why he's still acting like he hates me. I apologised a thousand times for my behaviour. I've done everything to prove to him that I will try to change but he doesn't seem to notice a thing.

On the contrary, with Liam... He's like a big fat teddy bear! Always nice and lovely. He helped him with everything since we moved to a small house just outside of the city. No luxury, no big TV, no swimming pool. I actually kind of like its simplicity! It's like being back to normality!

Louis and Liam are always leaving me on my own to hang out together,. Not that I'm jealous... Well, maybe a just a little bit. They also seem more than just friendly with each other. I don't know if I'm seeing things but it's kinda odd.

They hug a lot, laugh a lot, and glance at each other longingly like they were a couple. But that's impossible. Louis has a girlfriend and Liam does too. But I'm not too sure about it now, after seeing them together.

I don't know maybe I'm just seeing things and they're just acting brotherly.

But that's not the point; Louis thinks I need a bodyguard. A bloody bodyguard!

It's funny because it reminds me of the movie "Bodyguard" with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. After thinking about it, this totally the same situation. Someone wants me dead and I need protection.

I know Louis's right. It's just that all these threats and all the changes I've had to make don't seem real. And I think having a bodyguard will make this prove that this is really happening, I won't be able to hide from it anymore. If I still want live "normally" I have to ignore everything that's happening and pretend that it's not. Being protected and followed by a big guy would show the world that I'm weak. That I can't take care of myself.

"Harry?" Liam is the one to call me this time.

"Huh?"

"Louis is right, you know."

Of course he is! He's always right! It would have surprised me if Liam didn't agree with Louis on this. Most of the time they agree with each other. When one says something, the other approves. Sometimes it's funny but now it's just annoying.

"I think it would be sensible to hire someone who will have your back. A professional I mean. I'm always gonna be here. But I'm too close to you. And I don't think I'm strong enough to protect you properly."

Not strong enough? He gotta be kidding me! His arms are massive compared to mine. I would have agreed if it was Louis that had said that. Not that he isn't strong. Liam is just way stronger!

"I think you're strong enough..."

Louis and Liam both chuckle at my expense.

"I didn't mean in the physical term. I don't think a bodyguard has to be big, tall and scary. They have to be strong, mentally. You know what I mean? They have to be smart, watchful, fast, competent, careful and..."