Chapter 14: Sunset

Start from the beginning

"You fell in love with the sea –

And the sea took you away,

Our love was deep –

And no waves could crash it,

But the sea took you away."

I didn't notice the service boy's arrival and set the food on our table. I felt a tear fell from my eyes and I immediately brushed it off with my fingers. The service boy looked at me.

"Are you alright? Don't you like the food I served?"

I looked down at the table and saw smoking plates of grilled meat. The delicious sight was enough to lift the heaviness in my heart. I looked at him and smiled.

"This is perfect!" I said eagerly.

I decided to focus on the food in front of me while listening to the songs played by the band on the stage after that one about pirates. I had to hurry up before they start playing something that would make this crowd go wild again. Threy decided to stop drinking and eat the meat on his plate. We finished our food quietly, probably because I was enjoying the meat while he probably just didn't want to talk.

The band finally decided to make the crowd dance again after an hour of playing calm music. Threy and the other pirates decided to stay for a few more hours. I somehow got used to the loud music so I leaned my head on the table and took a nap. I woke up to the feeling of a hand on my shoulder shaking me lightly. I opened my eyes and met Trey's, cold and serious as ever.

"It's time to go," he said.

I straightened and looked around me. The band was still playing and most of the people were passed out drunk. I saw some of the pirates walking out of the door as Threy waited for me. I stood up and followed them. It was hard to know the time inside the chaotic bar and when I stepped out of the door, the warmth of the late afternoon welcomed me. Threy started to walk among the crowds and I followed close to him. I shouldn't be lost this time. My fate would be bad in Borgian Island.

We reached the sandy shoreline and I saw Erasmus on the deck of the Obsidian. He waved his hand when he saw me. Pirates were loading barrels and supplies to the ship and I wondered if it was better to wait for them to finish what they were doing before getting on the ship.

"Why aren't you moving? Do you consider staying behind?" Threy asked behind me.

I turned to him frowning, "Is it less dangerous with the pirates in Obsidian?" I asked sarcastically.

If it was possible, he became even more serious. It seemed like he wouldn't take any crap from me at the moment. I started to doubt if my sarcasm had chosen a bad time or a wrong person.

"You must know that you are my captive and I would not let you stay behind."

So that was what I was to him: a captive. He seemed to forget that I somehow shared some of his childhood life. He could have said that the Borgian Island could be an extremely dangerous place for a woman like me so it would be better to take me to the Obsidian with him. He could have said that I was safer with his protection. But he didn't. And somehow, I felt worthless and unimportant.