"this was all a charade to make everyone mad at me."

Start from the beginning

"Vega?" He asked I could hear the shock in his voice, "wh-what's happening?"

"This is me making up with you." I told him, still hugging him, "just let it happen."

Finally, he untensed his body and relaxed in my arms, "then this is me telling you that I support you in whatever you decide to do with Emmett."

"Thanks, bro."

"Do you know how to play this game?" He asked as we let go of one another.

"Not a fucking clue," I said shaking my head.

"Great!" he said sarcastically before getting serious, "do you really love him?"

"No," I said sarcastically, "this was all a charade to make everyone mad at me," I told him, but I knew that he knew that I loved Emmett, I think everyone knew.

"Well, I guess our family is expanding," he told said with a small smile as Emmett motioned for me to come to him. A lot of that was happening today.

His face looked almost like he was angry, but I couldn't get a good enough read on him to know what he was really feeling. "Is there something you need to tell me?" he asked, stoic. I shrugged, confused about what he wanted to know. His eyes rolled, "maybe how whatever 'this' is, is a fake relationship. Some, some sick prank." He said, careful not to raise his voice in any way so that no one could hear us.

I laughed at him, thinking he was joking but his body language told me differently, "it was a joke Emmett," I said reaching for his hand, but he quickly pulled away.

"Not to me," he said, folding his arms over one another, "maybe this relationship was a joke." I could feel my mouth dropping open, my heart slowly breaking, "the game is about to start." He told me before walking away and leaving me in the rubble of what could have been.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself, before trying to slow my breathing. I swear it feels like I'm being tested today and I'm failing...HARD!

"Veg," my mom said, catching my attention, "we're about to start." She told me, waving me over.

I nodded, trying to act like everything was okay while slowly fell apart the closer I was to everyone else, "you're up to bat first," Emmett told me, roughly throwing a bat at me. I gasped from the rough impact.

"Hey," my dad said stepping toward him before I stopped him.

"Dad, it's fine." I aid as my mom calmed him down, one was for sure though, I'm not sad anymore; I'm pissed.

"Want a practice swing first?" Carlisle asked me.

I shook my head, "I'm good." I told him before gripping the aluminum bat in my hands.

"You sure," my dad asked, as is stepped up the plate. I nodded as the sounds of thunder entered the field. Alice's smile grew wide as the sounds moved closer to us.

"It's time." She said as everyone started to guard their respective bases along the field.

"Let's play ball," Carlisle said before standing behind me with the rest of our time. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as I twirled the bat in the air. Opening my eyes, I nodded at Alice that I was ready, she smiled again as she lifted her leg high; I could fill the elements coursing through me like never before.

"What is she doing?" I heard someone say behind me as Alice let go of the ball, as it headed for me, it felt like time was moving in slow motion. A bought of thunder rolled above us, the lightening right after but instead of hitting some innocence little tree, it came for me. Traveling from my hand to the bat, and from the bat to the ball. Time finally went back to normal after I'd hit the ball, everyone had their eyes on me as I watched the ball of lightening soar threw the air.

"Do I have to run now?" I asked, breaking the thick silence, the bat still buzzing with electricity.

They looked in the direction that the ball went, "pr-probably not necessary." Carlisle said before everyone started to laugh.

"What in the hell was that?" Emmett asked, his voice full of joy as he walked toward; almost like what happened didn't happen.

"Wouldn't be smart to touch 'er right now," my dad said, appearing by my side, "or the bat for that matter." He said, tilting his head, signaling for me to throw it off to the side, "dinted the damn thing." He said to himself as it rolled near us.

"Sorry about that," I mumbled to the Cullen's who just smiled at me as walked to a seat, I did my best to ignore Emmett, but his eyes were boring holes into my head.

"Good job, girl." My dad told me, sitting with me. "but I think it's best that you sit out the rest of the game... for the earth."

I laughed a little, "I think you're right."

__

Another chappie done! I just wanted to tell you guys that this will be ending soon, so make way for book 2 in the serious, also, I am going to edit this book ad add more stuff in soon after it ends, so be ready for some differences.

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE