"It'd be disrespectful of you if you did that, wouldn't it?" he raises his eyebrows, and I roll my eyes for what feel like the umpteenth time.

"Do what you want, I'm not getting in trouble." I get up to walk over to Ms. James as she writes the lesson objective on the chalkboard.

"So, you're gonna tell on me? What a classic," Grey shouts after me, and I turn back and glare at him. That dimple comes out again as he laughs, and I turn around hiding my own and gently tap Ms. James shoulder.

She turns around and narrows her bright eyes slightly. "Yes, Ms. Wellington?"

"Oh, you can call me Olivia," I say and pause for a beat when I hear Grey mocking me, but smile brighter and continue, "anyways, I was just doing casual research on how some of the opportunities students in the Psychology program are internship that goes a long way when they've completed College, and I was just wondering if you thought I could, maybe, have that opportunity as well. Only if you think I'm good enough for it, of course." I bind my hands together and anxiously rub them, kneading my knuckles.

She says nothing for a while. I think she's just thinking it over, or thinking of a way to gently let me down without me freaking out, which I would never do. I don't lose my composure in front of teachers. It shows weakness and my inability to focus on the important element of class — work.

After what feels like an eternity and a day, she says, "I don't know you or your work ability just yet, so I won't say yes right away. But I do know that I see great potential in you. So, I will just say: if you improve and show me how hard working you truly are, I'll give you a chance."

"Thank you so much, Ms. James. I promise, I am a good student and psychologist, well, I think I am at least." I laugh, and she tugs her red-painted lips in a closed lip smile. I falter with my own, but I flash her my teeth in a grin and thank her once again before returning to my seat.

I've been dying to ask her. I just haven't found the right time or way to propose it. But I have been doing a bunch of research on it. Every year a selection of top-notch hospitals select college students to intern and study Psychology first hand. It's a wonderful opportunity to get both experience and a spot on a resume. Both of which could be a major boost and grant you a job in the field. I've been eyeing the program for months before I even came here.

When I turn around, Grey isn't in sight, and I smile even wider. I scuffle over to my seat, ready for today's lesson.

Today's beginning to look up for me.

That is until Ms. James turns around and announces the project. "This week, with your partners I will assign personally, you will explore each other's mind. Find out what makes you tick and why. Don't be afraid to dig deep. The clearer it is for me to read the report you hand back to me, the better your grades will be. As for partners, everyone in the first row, as the order goes from left to right, the following people are your partners: Jeremy, Alice, Fitch, Gerald, Tanya, Grey, Harold —"

"Grey?" I exclaim, out loud.

Ms. James stops assigning and tips her eye glasses a notch down her nose. Everyone snickers at my expense. I take a large gulp of air, my heart beating out of my chest. "Yes, is there a problem?"

"N-no, of course not. Don't mind me. Continue." I lean down in my chair as she briefly stares at me before continuing. The laughs settle around me and I suddenly feel claustrophobic and exposed at the same thing. What shot luck do I have? Grey. Out of the sixty students in this massive auditorium, I have to get him as my partner?

As the rest of the period drones on, I can't help but think: what did I do to deserve this?