Deadly Temptation (2)

Start from the beginning

His last meeting had just wrapped up and he was tired— but not tired enough to go home and listen to Kimmy. He wanted to stay in his office and stare at the city lights for just a bit longer...

His conscience, however, never let him have a minute to himself. He thought about the fact that Priscilla was asking him to help her with some charity event in a few months. It left him conflicted because for months, there was no communication between them. He doubted that things could go back to normal...

He then thought about Janessa and remembered seeing her picture all over the gossip tabloids that Kimmy read religiously. The tabloids did their best to try and scandal a girl who's been through so much already and it angered him.

The headlines were always the same: Teen drama actress with deadly secrets.

It sickened him to see the things they said about her— the very same things Kimmy absorbed into her mind. She was obsessed with reading about Reese and Janessa and their tragic love story. The fucking reporters even made up stories when they couldn't get an interview with Reese or Janessa.

Keith shook his head. It was childish to fill his mind with this. He had a successful company to run and manage and he wouldn't jeopardize that over some gossip magazine.

Grabbing his coat and his keys, he closed his office and rode the elevator down to the basement where he drove further into the city to occupy himself. His Ferrari sped down the empty streets before he merged into the inevitable traffic of downtown LA.

_____________________

"Oh, c'mon!" She pleaded. "The whole cast is going out for dinner! We've been filming for weeks and haven't even gone out yet!" Lily, her best friend in the movie, begged as she squeezed Janessa's hands.

Lily was a short ginger with beautiful green eyes that were almost cat-like. She was petite and had the fullest set of natural lashes Janessa had ever seen. Her button nose and semi-full lips only accentuated her round face.

"I don't know. I'm really tired from doing that scene over and over with no luck." She sighed. Charlie just wouldn't give her a break today. She did that love scene at least five times and he still wasn't satisfied with the chemistry.

So now, with swollen lips and a dry throat, she just wanted to go home and rest but Lily wanted to go out with the cast members.

"It's just dinner in the city! I promise we won't go clubbing. Charlie would have my ass if we showed up late and hungover." She cursed— which made Janessa giggle.

"Okay, fine. But just for a couple of hours."

"Done!"

_____________________

"Thank you." Keith said as he sat down. The hostess wouldn't stop sending flirtatious looks at him as she escorted him to his seat.

"Are you sure you're dining alone?" She bit her lip.

Keith wasn't sure if that was her way of asking if he was single. It's been months since he dated and he was now out of the loop. 

"For tonight, yes." He answered as she handed him a menu.

"Well let me know if you need anything." She winked at him before returning to her post.

Keith shook his head and skimmed through the menu. It was a popular restaurant in the city and he knew the owner well.

Kevin, the owner and a long time friend of Keith's, opened this restaurant about two years ago and it has been successful ever since. Whenever he came though, if Kevin was around, Keith was well taken care of even though he didn't mind to support. The food was amazing.