Silent World

Um, I have a request for a one-shot on your Draco book, if it's ok. Maybe a deaf reader and she only speaks sign language, so Draco learns it to be able to talk to her, or she teaches him? - KaylaBignall

Warnings: Half-assed writing (sorry), Cheesiness (I've spent my holiday watching crappy rom-coms)

( This story is a lot like the last about the mute reader so excuse any reoccurring ideas in this one.)

(Author's Note: I appreciate all the requests but I 'm starting to stress a bit. I will do all the requests I have gotten up until now but I wont take any more that come after this chapter until I'm done with the one's I've got. Anyway I love writing these but I've just got way to many to write and I can't write all the time anyway.)

(I just realised that I'm such a mess haha)

Draco's Pov

She is sitting at the back of the library again, a textbook open in front of her, her eyes skimming the contents of the page. Sun is pouring in from the nearby window, highlighting once again, just how pretty she actually is.

I sigh quite loudly, questioning whether I should go talk to her but instantly realising I can't, because her world is silent and my words can't reach her, because (Y/N) (Y/L/N) was unlucky enough to lose her hearing to a curse, a curse that was fired by a deatheater, who even after, the dark lord's retreat into hiding, continued to force his ideas onto society.

As all this courses through my mind, I fail to remember that I'm stood in the middle of the entrance to the library.

"Do you plan to stand there all day, Malfoy?"

"Shut up, Granger," I snap back, grudgingly shuffling out of the girls way, but before she scurries away I remember. "Wait, Granger, you know sign, right?"

"What's it to you?" She grunts and I sigh.

"Can you teach me?"I ask, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Why do you want to learn sign language,"She scoffs, my eyes drift to (Y/N) again, and her eyes widen into a look of shock. "No way! Not happening, Malfoy! (Y/N) is a dear friend, I'm not setting her up with the likes of...  you. You'll just hurt her, no way!"

"I won't hurt her!,"I hiss loudly , making people turn and stare. "Listen, I like her," I say in a whisper and she scoffs again.

"Have you even had a conversation with her?"

" Why do you think I want to learn sign?" I snap and she rolls her eyes.

"No!"

"Please, I promise never to hurt her, I just want to be able to talk to her," I plead and she sighs.

"Did you just say please?" She asks in surprise "I've never heard you say that before,"

"Please?"I ask again and she scrunches her face up before sighing and nodding.

"Fine, but only if you're not an arse to me and don't lead (Y/N) on,"

"Thank you,"

"I'm going to have to get used to these manners,"She mumbles before beginning to walk away. "Meet me here after dinner, don't be late, Malfoy,"

I can't help but grin, knowing I am going to be able to speak to (Y/N).

---

As I start learning sign I slowly begin to talk to (Y/N). Just a simple "How are you?" or a comment on the weather or such during class.  Along with lessons with Granger, I've picked up a few books on sign and my vocabulary is almost good enough to hold a conversation.