Chapter 12

Weeks went by as the two men celebrated their love for each other more and more each day. The way they would look at and touch each other ever so gently, as if in fear of breaking the other, showed the way they fell in love over again every single day. They became inseparable; always going on cute little dates and whenever they were both off work, or had a significant amount of time to spend with each other, one of the two men always made sure something was planned.

Steve explained all of this to Natasha over the phone as she squealed with excitement from the other end. He couldn't stop repeating to her how content he was that Buck was in his life.

"I did hear you the first 100 times, Steve." She laughed.

"Sorry! I know I keep going on about it but hey I just want to say thank you for giving me the push to talk about my feelings."

"That's okay, I know a damsel in distress when I see one so I thought I would do my bit to help." Nat joked over the phone while Steve responded with a sarcastic laugh.

The blonde's tongue became tied as he managed to tell Natasha that he had to go. They said their goodbyes and Steve put down the phone on the kitchen counter which he had his back leaned against. As Buck came down the stairs, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the light, Steve shook his head, looking down, and laughed to himself.

"I wake up to you every damn day but yet you still manage to take my breath away every time you appear in front of me."

Buck's lips curled into a smile as he made his way to his boyfriend.

"Happy one month, Stevie." The brunette mumbled, his voice still deep from waking up, as he pulled Steve into a tight hug.

The other man wrapped his arms around Buck's neck and breathed in deeply, inhaling the brunette's scent which he loved so much.

"Happy one month, jerk." He joked, letting go from the hug "I was thinking, we could go and see my parents today for lunch and I could take you out somewhere nice for dinner to celebrate."

"Don't you have work today?"

"I did, but I want to be with you so I moved all my appointments for tomorrow instead."

Bucky raised his normal arm and stroked Steve's cheek with the pad of his thumb. He leaned in and pressed his lips against the blonde's.

"That sounds like a great plan, I love it." the brunette assured him, shooting him a warm smile.

Steve turned around and grabbed a pan, turning the stove on to heat it up.

"What ya doing baby?" Buck asked.

"I'm making us some pancakes for before we leave to go to my parent's house. You should go get ready because knowing you, you'll be dressing to impress on this occasion." He responded with a calm and relaxed tone of voice.

Approaching closer to Steve, Buck rolled his eyes and placed his arms around the man's waist, making the blonde's breath hitch under his touch. His hands gained a mind of their own as they explored Steve's body like they had done so many times before. His boyfriend tried to concentrate on making the pancakes until Bucky began planting kisses on Steve's neck which were followed by soft biting and suckling. Without warning, the brunette's hands grasped his waist tightly.

"Buck, go and get rea-"

"Shhhh."

Steve did as commanded while Buck nibbled on the man's ear lovingly and pressed his body tightly against the blonde's, causing Steve to bend over the kitchen counter slightly. They both moaned at that movement and Bucky thrust his hips against the other man's gently.