Chapter 11

Steve's eyes opened slowly to see his arm over Buck's bare chest. The other man was still asleep so he laid there for a long while, watching while his partner slept peacefully. He decided to wake Bucky up with sweet morning kisses over his face and neck, mumbling 'Bucky, wake up' in between every couple of ones. The brunette did so and stretched and smiled as he woke up to find Steve next to him.

"Good morning Stevie. How did you sleep?" The man caressed Steve's face and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Really well, it was nice sleeping with company for a change." He replied, beginning to draw figures of 8 on Buck's chest. "How about you?"

"It was the most tranquil sleep I've hand in a long time, I can tell you that." Bucky beamed down at the man.

Steve grinned back, silent as his eyes examined Bucky's body just like he had done last night.

"How comes your body is so cold though?"

"My body temperature dropped permanently during cryostasis." Buck informed him.

He was no longer tense whenever Steve asked questions about his past, he just told the man the truth. It had become natural for him to open up to the blonde and it felt good. Bucky finally had someone he trusted.

"So, um, still think I want to be sleeping with Natasha instead of you?" Steve joked, a smirk playing on his lips.

Bucky hit Steve playfully but laughed and then wrapped his arms around his partner, their bodies colliding. Steve embraced it and put his own arms around Buck's neck, burying his face into the crook of the brunette's neck. The two cherished the moment before parting. Steve looked around the room as morning light crept in through the gaps of the curtains, revealing the two men's clothes on the floor from the night before.

"What time are you working today?" The blonde asked Buck

"One till nine." He answered, looking to his side to appreciate Steve's gorgeous features. "Oh, that reminds me I have something for you. I was going to give it to you when Natasha was round but I got jealous." Buck laughed, now knowing better than to be jealous of anyone hanging around with Steve.

"Well you gave it pretty good to me last night." Steve mumbled, looking at the bed sheets.

An ear to ear smile formed on Buck's face as he chuckled lightly at Steve's witty comment. He got up from bed and began walking to his room.

"Oh and nice ass." The blonde called out to Buck, watching as his naked figure walked out of the room.

His comment gained him a stare and a laugh but Buck kept walking. As the brunette was out of sight, Steve got out of bed to put a pair of boxers on. He returned to bed after doing so and before long, Buck was back, this time wearing some tracksuits. Buck revealed what he was hiding behind his back and showed Steve a framed piece of card and paper. It was a picture of Slash, mounted up to look nice, with his signature on it at the bottom of the picture. At the bottom of the frame, there was also a bit certifying the authenticity. Steve's eyes widened as he held Buck's gift.

"Buck.. holy shit! I love it! How much did it cost you? It must've cost quite a lot!"

"The cost wasn't bad but don't worry about that! I just want you to enjoy your gift." Buck smiled down at him and watched as Steve examined the frame and it's contents like a little boy.

"Gah! You're so damn perfect, what the heck?!" Steve told Buck excitedly.

He got up from bed to place it on the middle of his working desk so that it was leaning up against the wall. The man looked at Buck, an uncontrollable smile taking place. He walked to Bucky and kissed him, grabbing his face gently with one hand and interlacing their fingers with the other. Buck pushed the man onto the bed and got on just after. He kissed the blonde again before demanding that Steve get up to get ready for work.

"Do I really have to?" Steve moaned

Buck nodded and grinned, pulling the man in for one last kiss before ushering him to get ready.

**********

Bucky huffed as he approached the front door, exhausted from his shift at work. The man got himself inside and dropped his bag first thing. He called for Steve as he made his way down the hallway.

"Stevie, I'm home now."

All the lights were turned off apart from a dim light coming from the living room.

"Steve?"

The brunette strolled into the where the light was coming from and looked to his left, where the kitchen was, to see Steve standing there with two glasses of wine in his hands. At the dinner table, two plates were set down, a dish of spaghetti carbonara on each of them. A red candle helped light up the room along with some gentle mood lights. Steve approached Buck and handed him one of the glasses of wine.

"Hey, how was work?" He asked.

Bucky's face lit up as he realised what Steve had done for him.

"It was long and tough but it was alright. Is there a special occasion or?"

"Nope. I just wanted you to feel good after coming home from work." He grabbed Buck's hand and led him into the kitchen where he set his glass of wine.

Bucky leaned in to kiss the man, a kiss which Steve returned. The two sat down at the dinner table and began eating. They talked about their day and laughed any time one of them cracked a joke. Just like the very first time they met, the conversation carried on and on; they never grew tired of hearing each other's voices.

"Buck."

"Yeah?" The brunette flashed a closed mouth smile at him.

"Does this mean you're my boyfriend now? Because like, I don't know, you might not want to label any-"

Buck cut him off as soon as he finished gulping down the bit of food he was chewing on.

"Steve, shut up. Of course."

The two men beamed at each other, both their faces filling with delight. Bucky reached out and squeezed Steve's hand. The blonde looked down as their hands as a rush of joy rushed throughout his body. His mind was unable to focus on one simple thought due to too many bouncing about but what he mainly thought of was how Bucky was his boyfriend. Not friend. Boyfriend.