♛ | "jealous, jug?"

Start from the beginning

This is ridiculous, he thought.

Jughead was so caught up in trying to wash away his notions that he almost didn't realise you happily striding into the diner, arm in arm with none other than your date.

Jughead's whole body tensed at the sight, but his eyes were far off anger or jealousy. They were filled with melancholy; despair even.

That should be me.

Silently, he observed as you and Raj sat opposite each other, clearly interested in whatever you were conversating.

From that moment on, Jughead couldn't take his eyes off the pair of you. It was like he was in a trance, a trance he knew he could never be satisfied by.

So, as devilish as it was, Jughead formed a plan. A plan that was bound to grab your attention and make you see what you were missing out on i.e. your movie night.

"Pop." Jughead said, approaching the bar.
"Dearest boy, what can I get ya?" Jughead folded his arms and leaned against the counter, an earnest look on his face.
"Y/N's attention."

Pop raised an eyebrow at Jughead's words, not entirely sure where he was going with this. "Remember that time back in summer when all your workers were off and I volunteered to help?" Pop nodded, remembering. "You said you owed me. Anything."

"I did."
"Well, I was wondering if you could distract that boy," Jughead pointed subtly to Raj, who was explaining something to you with great enthusiasm. "Just for a couple of minutes so I can talk to Y/N."

Pop sighed before giving the anticipated boy a small smile.
"Son, are you sure this is not an act of resentfulness?" Jughead forced himself not to scoff and instead shook his head.
"No. I just need to talk to her."

Unconvinved, Pop raised an eyebrow again. "Please, just a couple of minutes."
"Alright, take your seat. Show's on."

"...and he actually thought I was joking, I mean, how ridiculous is that?" You laughed at the story you'd just told Raj about the time you'd convinced Jughead to sneak out one summer's night and hijack the playground.

You didn't notice Raj's uncomfortable expression though.

"Yeah, sounds cool. Anyway, so I was thinking that maybe we could go back to my place and film some stuff for my latest project."

"One vanilla creme sundae and one-- oh lordy! I am so sorry," You gasped as Pop accidently tipped the tray holding Raj's sundae and you watched as it splattered across his lap.

Secretly and deep down, you were laughing. Raj didn't really appeal to you as the kind of guy you'd want to live the rest of your life with.

He was nice and talented, but he just didn't quite get you.

Anyway, Raj was extremely embarrassed and quickly excused himself before dashing off to the men's lavatories. Pop cleaned the seat within a matter of seconds before plodding back behind the counter, looking disappointed in himself.

You sighed, accustoming yourself to the silence.
I wish Jug was here, you thought.

Deciding to drown your thoughts into your special sundae, you went to take a scoop of cream. But much to your surprise, a hand popped out of nowhere and nicked the cherry off the top of the sundae.

"Hey!" You scolded, looking up to meet none other than Jughead's steady gaze. He chewed the cherry and flicked the stem away as he did so.

"Sorry, did I interrupt?"
You folded your arms, half irritated, half relieved to be back in the presence of your best friend.
"No, actually."

Jughead moved from his crouching position to a normal sitting position and nabbed your whole sundae off you. "Juggie!" You laughed, trying to grab it back but it was no use.

"I only wanted a taste!"
"You can buy your own!"
"Where's the fun in that?"

The two of you argued and laughed for what seemed like forever and it ended up getting a little messy: Jughead flicked cream at you and you countered back by somehow making him stick his face into the glass.

All of a sudden, the fun and games stopped the minute Jughead's smile dropped. He never smiled around anyone but you and only you so this could only mean Raj had returned.

And you were spot on.

There he stood, an ice cream stain still visible on his jeans and a face like fire. You and Jughead rendered him speechless.

Without saying anything or even making a gesture, Raj slammed the money for the sundaes onto the now cream smothered table and stormed out of the diner.

"He paid, how cute." You grinned at Jughead's remark, attempting to wipe some of the cream off your face.
"Jug, I know you did this on purpose."

You watched as Jughead hung his head guiltily. "But I'm glad you did." At that, he looked up at you and you couldn't help but giggle at the splodge of cream still stuck to his nose.

Knowingly, Jughead wiped it off with his finger and flicked it at you. You smiled widely as he did and Jughead felt his walls crashing down again. He had to do it, it was now or never.

"Y/N?"
"Mm?"
"I-I just want you to know that--"
"You don't like Raj? Got that one underway." Jughead smiled and shook his head.
"I don't but that's not what I was going to say." You gave him a look as if to say carry on. Jughead hesitated in that moment, everything he'd ever said to you, every hug, adventure, laugh he'd spent with you flooding his mind.

It was like a restraint, and he found himself not being able to tell you after all.

"What I was going to say is, do you wanna watch that movie?"

____  ♛  ____

[ bonjour ma petit croissants ;)
So this was my first attempt
At an imagine and I don't
Think it's great, but I
Enjoyed writing it so I
Hope you enjoyed reading
It, so yee and thank you for
400+ reads! I know it might
Not sound like a lot, but I didn't
Expect to get 3 reads
so thank you! ]