That morning

Sound asleep, with the owls and night bugs singing to me. I had a dream about water. Nothing more. Just minutes upon minutes of water. The noises it makes, the way it feels when you go under, and how it seems to never end.
**
The sun shines through the window, and the white sheet curtains dance in the wind. The spring birds and smell of fresh air was my favorite to wake up to. I lived in a secluded house pretty far from town. The grass was yellow and crunchy from too much sun, but in my mind, it was soft and safe. I removed my blankets and headed down the stairs for a cup of coffee. A nice cup of morning coffee woke me up better than any alarm clock had. I opened the front door and let my cat back inside. She purred twisting around my legs. I gave her a motherly pat on the head and sat on my couch. I turned the tv on to watch the classic morning shows such as "The Golden Girls" or "Roseanne". Two shows of which I had seen every episode. My coffee had finished and I sprinkled in the sugar and creamer. Setting it down to cool, I headed up to my room to grab my phone and journal. I write small entries for the newspaper here. It's a great way for me to stay connected with the town regardless of how far away I am. I grabbed my journal from my desk and my phone from the nightstand. Something shiny had caught my eye. I set my things down on the bed, and picked up a necklace. Silver, shiny, dainty and warm. I ran the chain through my fingers a few times before feeling the heart locket on the end.
"Where did this come from?" I asked myself, confused as ever. I was not one to wear necklaces, but this necklace was in my possession.