Chapter 10

Aspenpaw's POV
I stared up at a thin golden spotted tom. He looked starving! But where did he come from?

I couldn't bring myself to stop staring. The tom stared back, making me almost flinch at the welcoming and gentle yellow gaze of his.

(This is too good not to draw)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This is too good not to draw)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, an earsplitting yowl cut through my ears. "Who's that!?" I whipped around to see Cottonpelt glaring at the spotted tom.

Cottonpelt unsheathed her claws. "Yes, who is that?" Gorseleap growled. Daisyleaf was by his did, her fluffy white pelt bushed.

Her eyes sparkled with interest. "Russetstar's taking in rogues!" Daisyleaf yowled for the whole Clan to hear.

"What!?" Reedpaw hissed. She hid behind Shadedwing, hoping he would keep her safe. I wasn't scared, though. Reedpaw was just a coward!

The brown and golden stared at me again. I couldn't take my eyes off him. Only Russetstar's yowl made me jump.

"Listen!" She yowled, eyeing the cowardly cats. "This is Golden Spots. He was trapped in my den. Turns out, my den leads to a tunnel, which leads to a cave. Golden Spots' mother fell in the cave and she died giving birth there."

Golden Spots licked his chest in embarrassment. Every eye was turned to him. "We may as well let him join," Russetstar continued. "No use letting a cat die out from starvation if they don't know how to hunt."

I caught Tulipblossom's eye. She looked guiltily at me. I knew she was thinking about the time I joined the Clan. She had been hostile around me.

"I'll help him hunt!" I blurted out, surprising me and my clanmates. Cottonpelt glared at me. "No!" She yowled. "Russetstar, you can't take in anymore rogues!"

"He was born only den!" Russetstar hissed at her, warning her to shut up. "Aspenpaw," she went on," you can help with Golden Spots."

Golden Spots' ears pricked. I blushed when some senior warrior whispered," Aspenpaw's chasing after a stranger!"

Golden Spots leaped carefully off the rock and gleamed at me. "So you're Aspenpaw?" He asked me. I flattened my ears, turned away, and answered," Yes."

Golden Spots flicked his tail in delight. "Russetstar told me you would love to meet me. She said you were born in DarkClan!"

I looked back up to him. "How do you know about DarkClan? You're mother couldn't have told you. She died giving birth-"

"No," Golden Spots objected. "She died of starvation." "Oh," I whispered. He glanced at me. "I know DarkClan is an evil Clan that kills their apprentices," he joked.