Love Is Blind

He was sitting by the window of his favourite coffee shop along Maple Street when he saw her. She passed by the coffee shop window and entered the shop, went to the counter to place her order.

She was an average height of 5"5 with medium length jet black hair but what stood out the most were her eyes. It was blue as the sky on a bright sunny day. Clear, breath-taking and not to mention beautiful.

From the moment he first laid his eyes on her, that was the moment he knew she had to be his.

After she collected her drink from the 'pick up' end of the counter she proceed to find a place to settle down and enjoy her drink. He saw that she had chosen to sit at booth towards the back of the shop. After much debate with himself he plucked up the courage to go over and talk to her.

It started with a simple "Hi" And ended with an "I hope to see you again" together with an exchange of phone numbers. She had some errands to run so she left the shop but not hesitating to tell him they should meet up again soon. When she left, he was left alone in his seat.

He was still processing what had just happened. When he was satisfied with replaying the events of what happened in his mind he proceed to leave the shop and head home.

It was safe to say he was the happiest man in the world.

About a week later, he was about to head to work when he got a text message saying,

'Hi! It's Alice. I was hoping for that second meet up. Are you up for it?'

At the speed of light he replied 'Of course. What do you suggest of doing?'

A reply came a minute later saying 'A friend of mine is having an art showcase this weekend and I was hoping you'd like to go with me?'

Without hesitation he replied 'That sound fun. I'd love to go with you.'

With that he hit the send button and the reply that came after not only had the date, time and address of the event but with the traditional 'I'll see you soon.' with a few X's and O's at the end of the sentence.

Throughout the whole day he could not contain his happiness. This Saturday he thought will be the day. He was sure of it.

Saturday came and he was currently standing in front of the mirror checking his attire for the night. He had on a dark green turtleneck some jeans and a pair of loafers to compliment his outfit for the night.

Going over his outfit was not the only reason for standing in front of the mirror. He was giving himself a run through of what he was to do tonight. He was determined to claim those beautiful eyes and luscious lips for himself.

With a final sigh he exited his front door, locked it and hailed a cab to take him to the address given by Alice.

Upon reaching the building he took the lift to the rooftop to where the showcase was said to be held. After a few minutes of walking around the event area he found Alice. They went around admiring the artwork and chatted. After an hour or so he suggested, "How about we get out of here?" She agreed and they left the venue.

He took her to a park he knew a few blocks from the event venue. There was a small dirt path behind some tall bushes that was not entirely visible to any passer-by.

He held her hand and led her down the path. At the end of the path, it opened up to a small garden. There were rose bushes in full bloom surrounding the small area. She was surprised at the sight in front of her.

She was about to speak when he held a finger to her lips and said "Look." And at that moment fireflies started filling the small garden. It was a mesmerizing sight to behold. With that he took her hands in his and told her she was just as beautiful as the display of fireflies that surrounded them. She smiled with faint blush on her cheeks.

He continued by telling her that he wished to claim her and with that she just nodded as a sign of approval.

A few moments have passed. He sighed with content whilst saying to himself with a smile on his face "Tonight was perfect. They shall be mine forever."

With that he walked out of the garden leaving her lifeless body to soak in her own blood but not forgetting to take along with him those captivating iridescent eyes and luscious lips to add to his collection.

Before this he lied.

Tonight, he was the happiest man in the world.