Scroll 9: Epiphany

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I understand the situation. He run off and did something rash, didn't he?" He asked.

"Yes and that put their company into a huge misery. It was kind of irresponsible on his side. You were actually right when you told him not to be so over-confident, Ja'far. Such feat might bring damnation if you will not be careful." I told the white haired kid. He looked down in thought before raising his head to ask.

"Is there something we could do about his situation?" I bit my lip in frustration. It will not be easy to take him back due to Reim's rules and at the same time, joint companies in the Union cannot interfere with one's problem unless it is against the law. Unfortunately, the Mariadel Company followed every rules and bent it to their own will.

"That is right. We can't interfere with such business."

"But isn't there something we can do!?" Ja'far asked. He was desperate and I was as well but I could not think of anything. There was one but there was only a 50% chance of its success.

"Although, there is one that I could propose." King Rashid smiled coyly. When he explained his plan, my eyes widened for it was nearly the same as mine. I grinned in excitement at how dangerous this feat would be.

"It's true that we cannot interfere. However, I have at least much freedom. Let me say this once more. I cannot help as the King of Balbadd but we can just sit down and have tea. Let's meet once more and have tea. I'll leave the arrangements to you." He smiled. It was infectious that I had to as well. Ja'far clenched his fist since he could not understand what he meant but he knew that it was a clue.

"Yeah! We'll leave the arrangements to you, Ja'far! I can't wait for you to taste a tea from Yrif. I'm sure you'll love it." I grinned. King Rashid's eyes gleamed at the thought of tasting one of Yrif's finest tea.

It was time to go back so with one last goodbye, we went back to the docks. Along the way, a conversation piqued my interest. I heard a glimpse of it and it was about a child.

'Why would he ask for a child?' I thought.

'Hmm. Do you think there is an illegitimate child around here?' Ose joked. I mentally forced my rukh to smack my djinn for that horrible joke. However, I must say that his theory was plausible.

'Bah! It's not our business anyway. Let's go back to Reim and plan out our next step.' Ose commented.

We did return to the company and everybody was anxious about the news. Ja'far told that King Rashid did not exactly gave them a concrete advice, but there was a hint. Everybody was down-hearted and even expressed their feelings by saying that Sindria Company will not be the same without Sinbad. He clenched his fist in anger.

"We faced an unjust bankruptcy and we lost! I can't just overlook it! That is why if we cannot defeat them then we will mimic them! We can retaliate by using the same method they used on us!" He shouted with all his might. Everybody was stunned with his determination and eventually, their faces light up. I stepped up.

"You must not rely too much on Sinbad because what really makes this company what it is now are your own individualities. We can survive and we will take back Sinbad!" They cheered. I was glad that everybody was back to normal but let us say that it will not be easy. We went to Miss Rurumu's office and talked about our plan.

"Alright. We need to create a concrete plan to deceive her. Let's go with the assets. The slaves are Mariadel Company's number one asset and we need to interfere with it." Ja'far explained.

"But slaves are expensive and it restricted. We can't just barge in and demand things." Mystras asked. I nodded at his question before answering it. I want to speed things up and this hint could help.