Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake

Start from the beginning

"J-Ja'far! I need to talk to you about your work!" Thais said as she called it to the white haired kid. Her heart ached and she wanted it to disappear. She thought that maybe with distracting herself, it would just go away. Sinbad was about to talk to her when she dashed off with Ja'far.

"Thais?"

Ja'far's Room
Thais' POV

We made it to Ja'far's room and to tell you the truth, I was too distracted to even understand what he was saying.

"Are you listening to me, Miss Thais?"

"I-I'm sorry. I just really have a lot on my mind." I admitted. Ja'far sighed and took a notebook in his bag.

"This is nothing special but you could write down here whatever bothers you. This is a good way to relieve stress." He smiled. I shied away from his eyes and nodded.

"You know, Sinbad is really like that. He likes to tease woman." He voiced out.

"Huh? What's with the sudden explanation. There's nothing—" I tried to defend.

"I saw your pained look when you glanced at Sin earlier. You may have not noticed it yet but I'm not as slow when it comes to it. You should think about it while we're gone, Miss Thais." He said. I bit my lip and nodded. I was readable like an open book.

"Thank you, Ja'far. I'll be sure to do your job with everything I can. Although I want to tell you about the king." I muttered the last part to myself.

"Hmm? Who?"

"Nothing. You should get going! The next boat is coming in 30 minutes. Oh! Please give this to Sinbad. This is an elixir developed in Yrif and I've earned it during our trades! Isn't it amazing!?" I grinned. Ja'far sweatdropped but accepted the vial nonetheless. He left the room and I dropped down his chair tiredly.

'I'm still unsure about what Ja'far is talking about.' I thought. Sighing, I took out a bunch of papers and signed them. There were a number of papers from Sasan and Artemyra already. I read all of them and they were requesting us to enlist our prices on the products. As far as I could remember, Ja'far left me a scroll, listing down their products so I searched it up and wrote them down. I noticed a velvet scroll with a familiar emblem.

"No way. He planned it all! Damn you!" I smirked. In my right hand was a scroll from Yrif and he wanted to meet up with Sinbad officially. This will be interesting for sure. I finished up all the request papers and I moved on to budgeting the money this company has left.

"Let's see. This should be about 3500 gold altogether. If I request Imuchakk for more cloths, then maybe we can raise their money. Wait, what is this? They're having some trouble with marketing food. Preservatives are needed. Maybe I can call for Leon on this one." I ended up working until night time. Vittel and the others asked me to rest for a while but my body seemed to go on like when I was still in Yrif.

"You should rest, Thais." Hinahoho said. I grinned at him and just told him that I was used to this kind of work. He was about to protest when I lunged a knife beside him.

"Please go and help the others. I don't want to be disturbed at the moment." He froze in his place and I felt guilty but like I said, I hate being disturbed when I was concentrating on my work.

"G-Got it." He squeaked.

Three Days Later
Ris Venus Island
Sinbad

It had been three days ever since they sailed. Sinbad and Ja'far finally reached Madaura's island.

"Amazing! I-Is this Mariadel Company?" Ja'far awed. Sinbad glanced around excited at the sight of the place. There were people bustling around with their products while there were people roaming around, checking out products sold by the said company.