Forever and Always

Start from the beginning

"What's going on mom?" I ask.

"I can't take it anymore, you have to dish. Who's the boy?" she asks quickly.

"Boy?" I ask, trying to hide a smile.

"Don't play coy with me Hermione, I can see his affect all over your face," says my mom, smacking my leg.

"You aren't going to like it, so you have to let me explain everything," I tell her and some of the humor leaves her face.

"I'm listening," she says. So I plunge in. When I tell her it is Draco, she is furious. It takes a few minutes to calm her down and get her to finish listening to me. I tell her everything, about how he has changed, how he has been nothing but respectful and tender toward me...how I have fallen madly in love with him. 

"You have fallen in love with Draco Malfoy, ex death eater and your arch enemy?" asks my mother when I finish.

"Yes," I tell her.

"Do you trust him, after everything he has done?" asks my mother. I figured there would be suspicion or worry in her face. But all I can see is curiosity.

"With my life," I answer without hesitation.

"Well, I guess that is good enough for me. But before things go too far, I think you should bring him here to meet your father and me."

"Well, I was actually planning on having him over during the break, if that is alright," I mention.

"I look forward to it. Now get some sleep and I'll see you in the morning," says my mother and she kisses me on the forehead before slipping out of the room. 

I try to sleep. I lay in my bed, staring through the dark at the ceiling, but my eyes refuse to close. Hours pass and sleep continues to evade me. Finally I give up and throw off my blankets. I stand by the window, staring at the flickering stars and the huge moon out my windows. But I don't really see them. My mind is a thousand miles away, in a huge mansion with albino peacocks in the front yard. 

Draco

You could cut the tension in the air with a knife. My father is staring at me, his jaw clenched and my mother is by his side, her hands in tight fists at her side.

"You want our permission to date the Granger girl, a mudblood?" asks my father through clenched teeth. Before, I would have cowered from his anger, but I am not a little boy who folds at his father's every word anymore. I know where my loyalties lie, and it is no longer with him.

"No, I am not asking your permission. I am telling you that we are together. Whether or not you approve means nothing to me. But I did want to bring her to introduce to the two of you, to have a new start. But if you don't think you can handle it, then I won't bring her here," I explain.

"You want her to meet your parents?" asks my mother sounding shocked.

"Yes mother, that is the proper thing to do with the girl you plan on marrying," I tell her.

"M...Marrying?" stammers my mother, raising her hand to her chest.

"Yes, I am going to marry her mother, whether you approve or not. Now, I would like to bring her here, to introduce her and to have you guys get to know each other and set aside all old prejudice. But if you don't think that can happen, I won't bring her here. I will leave, and I will not be back," I tell them.

"You would choose her, over your own family?" asks my father, sounding shocked.

"Yes, because unlike my family, Hermione loves me without judgement or qualifications. Where as you only love me if I am following your expectations. So yes, I choose her. And you won't see me again, or, if we ever have kids in the future, you will never get to see your grand kids,"  I say.