Their food was served but upon seeing Draco's salad he tries to avoid contact with Emma in case she asks something he doesn't know the answer to.

"How old are you, Draco? Do you go to college or have you graduated?"

"These muggles do ask a lot of questions" he muttered.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't hear--"

"Oh sorry, do you mind? I need to go to the loo" Draco nervously said, standing up and making his salad drop to the floor.

He hurried to the bathroom and washed his face. "Merlin, how did I end up here again?" He asked himself in the mirror.

"If only Hermione was here-- no! No. No. No. This is why you're here alone, remember? This is why you're on a date with that girl." He contradicts himself.

"Hey man, do you happen to see an extra tissue there? I'm on the third stall" a man called out, letting out a loud and unpleasant noise echoed in the bathroom. Draco quickly walks away.

I need to end the date. No. Wait. Yes. No. Fuck. He said to himself as he sat back down the table.

"Your salad fell" Emma laughs.

"Yeah, my bad" Draco nervously laughed with her. As the door opened, Emma stopped and stared, making Draco turn around. He looked just about their age, guessing she knows him.

"Oh him? He's.. my ex-boyfriend. Douchebag he is, really."

"Oh." Draco nods, but knowing this is getting a lot more awkward he took a sip of water.

"Have you had any ex-girlfriends, Draco?"

None, unless if we talk about the yule ball it would have been petty pansy but other than that no. He wanted to say. Surprisingly, Hermione popped into his head for no reason.

He had watched her sleep the first time they shared a room together. He saw her smile, saw her mad, saw her sad. Nonetheless he doesn't know why she was on his mind.

"No" he replied.

"Really? Is this your first date? It's just truly unbelievable. Like, I could've guessed a lot of girls drool over you."

"That's not what Hermione said" it wasn't long until he realized her name had slipped out of his lips.

"Hermione?"

"She's... a friend of mine."

"Oh. Thought it was an ex. But you know, she could be wrong"

"Wrong? How? She's the smartest wi-- woman of our age"

"I can sense she likes you, of course. I mean take it from me but she's your friend and if she doesn't say that you're not that bad I assume she likes you."

Draco stopped and took a sip on his drink once more, trying to avoid the awkward conversation. We're here to date, not to talk about Hermione. He thought.

The night didn't go as planned, sadly. The rest of the date went pretty silent. It wasn't as successful as he thought it would be. What would Hermione think? He asked himself. No.. she wouldn't care. You don't need to tell her.

And that was Draco's first, and definitely awkward date and he managed to get out of it without a trace of her hinting he is a wizard.

He then heads to the leaky cauldron, sighing as he walks past Luna and Rolf who were bringing their luggages out.

Luna was surprised at the sight of Malfoy walking out of the muggle world. "Draco," Luna called, making him pause and look at them.

Draco looked liked he had survived a beast, and that was exactly Luna expected. "You seem a bit tense, Draco. Did you fight the beast?"