How To: Make Brownies

This is my favourite brownie recipe and it's serious AMAZING for parties because it makes a HUGE batch. It's great for making with friends because then you can have half each and there's still plenty! 

There is a lot of unhealthy ingredients in it and it's not gluten free or vegan or dairy free or anything but I'm sure the recipe could be adapted for your preferences. 

The recipe is as follows: 

Ingredients

2 Cups of Sugar            2 Eggs                          200g of butter                     1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence

1 Cup of Yoghurt         1/2 Cup Cocoa          2 tsp Baking Powder        3 Cups of Self Raising Flour

1/4 tsp Salt                    1 Cup Strong Coffee (1 tsp instant coffee in 1 cup of boiling water)

Recipe 

Beat sugar and butter. Add all other ingredients and beat together. Cook at 175C for approx 40 minutes. 

Note

This recipe requires a large bowl for mixing. It is best made in a small roasting dish. I use 1 1/2 times the recipe and it makes a regular roasting dish. I actually make it on an oven tray that has sides and it's the perfect size. This recipe is also more like a cake than a brownie. So I would recommend slightly undercooking it if you want it to be more of a brownie consistency. You could use gluten free flour. I didn't have any yoghurt once, so I used vanilla custard and that worked fine as well. You can also just use regular flour with a tsp of additional baking powder for each cup of flour. 

This is also really nice with a raspberry sauce. I'll have the recipe below! 

Ingredients

1 1/2 Cups frozen raspberries          1/2 Cup sugar                1 TBSP custard powder

Recipe

Mix all together in a pot and simmer gently for around 15 minutes. Blend in a food processor or blender and let it cool. 

Sorry. I live in New Zealand so all of the measurements and temperatures are in the metric system and degrees Celcius. Just go online and google the conversions. I would do it for you but I'm lazy... Sorry! 

Hope you enjoy! This recipe is seriously delicious you definitely have to try it!