I Give Up

Shit.

I have school tomorrow.

I retreat to my room and begin my homework. Spread across my bed are all the unfinished assignments. All the incomplete work. Not enough energy within myself to carry on with the most simple tasks.

What's the point? I'm going to fail at life anyways. Why not just cut the bullshit and end this? All the suffering can disappear forever. I don't have to go through all this pain. Don't have to deal with school and mom and dad and the loss of everyone. I'm DONE.

My feet carry me downstairs... no one is home. i grab a bottle of vodka and somehow manage back up the stairs.  I continue drifting mindlessly down the tilting hallway to the bathroom. I extend to the medicine cabinet and dig out every pill from every bottle in every corner of the bathroom cabinet and drawers.

I shove five at once down my throat and wash it down using vodka with a lingering taste of raspberries. I don't know how many handfuls i took. i lost count after eight. The room is spinning, my hands are shaking, my legs are becoming numb.

I collapse. My body folds onto itsself and slams into the freezing tile floor. The bottle still lays in my quaking palm and I begin drifting into the darkness.

I'm completely numb. The pain is gone. I'm finally able to rest.

Goodnight.