Chapter 6

I was dismissed from work until I re-gained my memory. It kinda sucks, because I don't have anything much to do other than stay home and surf the web. I decided to call my mother and talk to her. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found the one labelled 'Mom' and hit call.

"Good morning cupcake!" She greeted. I smiled. "Good morning! I'm bored." She laughed. "Well, I can fix that. I'll get JJ or Emily to come pick you up and you can come hang out with the team!" "Sure! Give me 40 minutes to get ready?" "Sure thing chicky!" I could hear the others laugh as she hung up.

35 minutes later, I was standing in the parking lot waiting for either JJ or Emily to come pick me up. My outfit for the day was black flats with little skulls on them, a blue tank top with a sheer lace shirt over it, black jean shorts, my gun belt and my FBI vest. Although it wasn't that much, I was already sweating. Stupid non-working deodorant. God Quantico is hot in August.

I started to play ice cream jump on my iPhone, but just as I opened the app, Emily pulled up in one of the bureaus many black SUV's. "Hey Em!" I greeted as I hopped into the passenger seat. The inside of the SUV wasn't hot like outside, but rather cool. The air conditioner has to be on.

"Hey Lydia! I like the outfit, the FBI vest totally pulls it together." She laughed as we drove off towards the BAU. "Gotta love air conditioning right?" She attempted to make small talk. "I love it almost as much as I love cheesecake." I stated truthfully. The drive was quiet for the most part, but then we decided to gossip about the team.

"I think Reid has a little crush on your mother." She laughed as we pulled up to the Bureau. What she said spiked something in my mind, giving me a slight headache. A memory flashed before my eyes. It was Reid telling me that he liked my mother, but not to tell anybody.

Emily looked at me with concern filling her eyes. "Is everything okay?" She said with concern. "Yeah, fine thanks." I smiled and hopped out of the vehicle. We walked towards the building in silence. When we entered, Emily called the elevator. The old thing creaked open followed by a ding as we walked in.

The elevator arrived at our floor and we exited. "You go ahead, I have to go to my office." She smiled as we entered the BAU. I started to walk towards my mothers office. I stopped at the door that was open a crack when I heard my name. "So, do you know Lydia's father?" Spencer asked. I listened intently. "Of course I do. You guys remember Shane Wyeth right?" I gasped silently. Morgan laughed. "Shut it you." She snapped. I decided to walk in.

"Hey cupcake!" My mom smiled. I glared at her. "You didn't hear any of that conversation, did you?" She looked nervous. I crossed my arms. "Totally not." I said sarcastically as I turned to walk out. "Lydia, where are you going?" Derek asked. "To calm down before I loose my cool." I said through gritted teeth and walked towards the elevator. I could hear the click-clacking of heels following me.

I pressed the call button on the elevator and turned around to see my mother walking towards me. "I bet you never even told him." I snapped. She frowned "Lydia, let me explain!" the elevator dinged and I stepped in. "Where are you going?" She asked wearisomely. "Home." I lied as the doors closed behind me.

I sure as hell wasn't headed home. I was headed to tell Shane the truth. Shane Wyeth. My best friend, my hacker buddy, the guy who saved me from being beaten to death, the guy who taught me practically everything I knew about computers and coding and apparently my father. I felt like crying. It's only a 15 minute walk from the bureau to his apartment. I have to tell him, he has the right to know. Even if it costs me my job, he still has the right to know that I'm his daughter.

I had been walking for about 10 minutes when my phone started to ring. I reluctantly picked it up. "Technical Analyst Lydia Garcia." I said harshly. "Lydia, it's JJ." I sighed. "Hey Jennifer, what's up?" "Where are you actually going?" curiosity filled her voice. "Shopping." I lied.

"Oh, fun. Hotch wanted to know if you could watch his son Jack and my son Henry while the adults go out drinking tonight." "Sure why not." Babysitting sounded like fun. "Alright, Hotch will pick you up around 8 and drop you off at his place to watch the boys!" She slightly laughed. "Alright cool. I gotta go, text me or something?" "Sure thing! Bye Lydia!"

I hung up just as I walked into the front doors of the building Shane lived in. I ran up the 3 flights of stairs until I reached his door, which was oddly opened. "Shane?" I called as I walked in. The place was trashed. I drew my gun. I walked into the kitchen where I found Shane tied up with a masked gunman standing over him pointing a pistol at his head. I quietly ducked and took off my sweater, revealing my FBI vest.

"Freeze, FBI! Drop the weapon!"I screamed and pointed my gun at the UnSub. "Ohh, that's cute." The UnSub taunted. "Put the gun down or I'll shoot." I threatened. The UnSub did as I said. "Turn around." I demanded. As he turned around, I cuffed him and put away my gun.

I un-masked the man and then heard someone yell my name. I turned to see JJ in the doorway. "I'll deal with the UnSub." JJ offered as she lead him away. I ran to Shane and untied him. "Thank you Lydia. You saved me." He cried and hugged me. "Anytime dad." I smiled an he looked at me funny. I sat in front of him and told him the whole story. He looked shocked.

"I have a daughter." He smiled. I hugged him. "Hey, I have a dad." I smiled. I heard the noise of a door shutting and turned to see JJ. "I know, I'm comming." I sighed as I stood up and followed her out of the door. I stopped in the doorway and turned to see Shane. "Bye dad, love you." He smiled. "Love you too sweetie." He waved as I shut the door.