Chapter 1

"Lydia, run! The FBI is outside!" My best friend Shane yelled. I panicked and grabbed my laptop, making a run for the back door. "Freeze! FBI!"A scrawny man with shaggy hair yelled as I opened the back door. "I don't have a weapon, so get that gun out of my damn face." I said as another agent with black hair cuffed me and took away my purse and laptop. Too bad for him that he missed my phone, that was in my pocket.

"Your under arrest for hacking into the FBI database." A more fit black man said as he lead me to the back seat of a black SUV. "Hey pretty boy, ease up on the grip!" I snapped as he helped me into the back seat and buckled the seat belt around my waist. "Sorry."

About 10 minutes later we pulled up in front of the fed lair. "Take her to the questioning room." The guy with black hair ordered the scrawny guy. "Sure thing Hotch." He replied and I rolled my eyes. The walk was silent. "So you've been in and out of foster homes all of your life? My name is Derek Morgan." Pretty boy said as he sat down at the table across from me. "Correct, can I be un-cuffed? It's not like I killed anybody." He un-cuffed me and sat back down.

"Where did you learn those hacking skills? You even had our Technical Analyst asking and she used to be a hacker aswell." "My mentor and best friend, Shane Wyeth." I said as I rubbed my wrists that were sore from the hand cuffs. He got up and started to walk out of the room. "Where are ya going pretty boy?" I asked and he turned around. "To go get my co-workers Garcia and Hotchner." "That's just great, more people to stare in my face and ask me some stupid ass questions." I scoffed.

He walked out of the room and I reached in my pocket to pull out my iPhone. I had a missed call from Shane, probably wondering why I wasn't online. I called him back. "Why haven't you been online Lydia?" He asked angrily. "Well, maybe because I'm at the fed layer in the BAU questioning for taking down their stupid fucking database!" I yelled and the two agent's walked in.

"I gotta go." I said quickly and hung up. "You want this too I assume?" I said tossing the phone to the guy with the black hair who I assumed was Agent Hotchner. "So, you know Shane Wyeth? How?" The one with the pig tails, who I'd assume was Garcia asked. "He's my friend and he taught me almost everything I know?" I said with a sarcastically snappy tone. "Calm down, it was only a question." Derek said as he walked into the room.

"You have 2 options. 1. Work as a 2nd Tech Analyst here, or 2. Go to a juvenile corrections center until you're old enough to go to prison." Agent Hotchner said and stared at me for my decision. "I guess I'll work here." I said angrily although , kinda happy to be working for the FBI. "Welcome to the family." Garcia said and reached to shake my hand.

"Not like you and I wern't already family." I said under my breath after I shook her hand. "Pardon?" She asked and smiled. "You seriously don't find it coincidental that you and I both have the last name Garcia do you? Because if you do you're really fucking clueless." I sarcastically chuckled. "I'll just go.." Hotchner said as he walked out of the room followed by Pretty boy.

"Lydia, I don't think I know you." She said and looked down at her computer screen. "Can I use that for a sec so I can show you what I'm talking about? Trust me I won't hack your precious fucking database again." I asked and she slid the laptop to me. "Sure." I pulled up my adoption file and got up to leave the room. She gasped. "Lydia Penelope Garcia. My daughter." I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to see her almost in tears. "Yes?" I said saucily and turned the door handle. "Sit back down and let me explain." She ordered.

I did what she said. She was crying. "I was only 16 when I had you. I couldn't take care of a baby, let alone afford to care for one. So I decided to put you up for adoption. It was the hardest decision I have ever made." She wiped her tears away. I laughed. "I was abused by almost every foster parent I had! Shane was the only person I looked up to! He was the only one that really cared! He saved me from being beaten to death!" I was practically yelling with tears, mascara and eyeliner streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm here now, and I'm so so sorry." I looked down at my finger nails and started to scratch off the black polish. "That's nice." I said quietly without looking up. " I would like you to come live with me, I'll contact the adoption agency and get custody of you." "Are you sure?" I asked wiping away my falling tears. "Of course I am." She got out of her seat and I did too. We hugged. She pulled back and stared at me.

"You look just like me when I was a hacker. Wearing all black, black makeup, black hair." She said quietly. "I knew that you were a hacker. Shane told me. He showed me pictured of you. And when he compared our faces, I hacked into the adoption agency's system and obtained my adoption records. I felt a connection when I saw that picture, but I needed to know for sure." I said shyly.

She smiled. "I used to be a hacker. I work for the FBI now missy. And you do to. You have to lose touch with all of your hacker friends, including Shane, and only use your hacking skills for work." She said seriously. "Fine." I sighed. "Where do I sign?" I asked. Hotchner brought in the papers and I signed them all. My life just changed immensely, but for the better.