Chapter 2

I miss Luke already.  It's been two days since he left for South Carolina where they would be training at Wofford College and it goes until August.  Luke said that we could go with him, but with an eight month old son it's harder to travel even though Kane is such a good baby.  

Since we started dating, Luke has gotten even more playing time, which ultimately led him to be a starter for the Panther's.  I'll never forget the smile on his face the day they told him.  

Tonight I was going to my parents house for a family dinner and all of my siblings and grandparents will be there tonight.  It will be nice to be around family right now and loved ones while my husband is away.  

I got my purse, cell phone, and diaper bag for Kane before I scooped him up in my arms.  

"Mama, dada?" 

"No, baby.  He's not here," I tell him with a pout as I caress his soft cheek before I open the back seat car door and buckle him up in the car seat.  

I give him his giraffe stuffed animal that Luke got for him when I had him.  He's been attached to that thing ever since.  It's the one thing that calms him down whenever Luke isn't here.  He's a daddy's boy and I can't even be hurt by it because it's the cutest relationship ever.  

---

"Hand my grandson over to me," my dad says with a big smile.  

I smile as I handed Kane to my dad.  

My grandpa wasn't going to make it tonight as he also traveled with the team since he was still the offensive coordinator for them.  But my grandma was going to make it tonight and I was excited for that because I hadn't seen her in a while as she has been sick lately.  I wasn't sure what was going on but all I knew that she along with my parents were keeping secrets from me.  All I knew was that I didn't like it.  

I set Kane's diaper bag on the counter as he still held the giraffe as my dad walked over to his recliner chair.  I smile as I see them interact.  Seeing how my dad is with Kane makes me so happy.  They already have a sweet relationship.  

"Hi, mom." I greet her as she pulls me in for a hug.  

"Hey, how have you been holding up?"

"It's alright," I shrug my shoulders as I pull away from the hug.  "It helps having Kane with me when Luke isn't here.  Makes it less lonely."

"Well remember you can always come over and bring Kane with you."

I gasp.  

"Your just using me to have Kane aren't you?" I ask slightly laughing while joking.  

"Well he is a cute baby and our grandson," she smirks at me.  

"I'll bring him by more often."

Bentley walks over to us and I bend down on my knees to pet her as I give her a hug.  I've missed Bentley.  It's so weird to not wake up with her in front of my face all the time.  

"Do you know when Ariel and Matt are coming by?" I ask my mom.  

"They should be here pretty soon."

I nod my head and get up off the floor and head into the living room where I see my other brothers, sister-in-law Abigail, and Trent's new girlfriend Morgan.  We were all shocked when he brought her home to meet us.  Even more when he wasn't just sleeping around anymore.  My mom actually cried tears of joy that Trent had actually found someone to be with in a relationship.  

I could hardly believe it and I still have trouble from time to time.  

I was so used to him sleeping around that for him to actually have a girlfriend now, I was still getting used to.  But I like her.  My whole family does.  She treats Trent so well and he treats her like a princess.  It's different, but I like this new Trent.