Chapter 1

July 2016

I walk across the dark hardwood flooring in our home wanting to turn the temperature down a little.  I've been getting so hot so easily that it's almost strange to me.  I see the weird looks my husband gives me then he'll shake his head. 

But after my heart surgery, I gained good circulation back in my hands even though my feet still get cold pretty easily.  Doctor Smith was surprised to hear that but they think that the surgery helped restore my circulation back.  

Something catches my eye as I turn the notch down. 

Our wedding picture. 

I'm dressed in my white strapless wedding dress, my blonde hair down in curls, makeup is light with a light colored lipstick.  Luke is by my side with our arms wrapped around each other like we never want to let go.  Were surrounded by incredible old oak trees that took my breath away. 

Luke's POV

I took a deep shaky breath and let it out.  I've never been more nervous for anything.  No amount of preparation could prepare me for this.  The day Callie becomes my wife.  My forever.  No matter how many football games I have played in, this is bigger than that. 

The day was finally here.  

The day Callie would be my wife and have my last name. 

We were only engaged for five months.  A lot of people were against us being engaged for such a short amount of time and at a young age.  But between the both of us, we didn't want a long engagement.  Our family and friends along with some fans supported us and that was all that mattered.

I wanted to be involved in our wedding.  Not only to help Callie out, but because I liked being there for her through it all.  It was both of ours wedding. 

I knew Callie loved the book and movie the Notebook and I did some research on where they filmed that exact scene where they filmed the big white house.  Finding out that it was in South Carolina Boone Hall Plantation, we decided to have our wedding there. 

We both thought it would be best to do a road trip and drive here a week earlier before our wedding.  

Both of us had our bachelor and bachelorette parties together.  Most couples would have them separate, but we didn't care.  We spent the day tasting wine at a vineyard with our bridal party and then later on at the beach where our parents and the rest of Callie's siblings joined us.  In our bridal party we decided to have six people.  Both of my brothers, Wesley, Cam, Thomas, and Mike.  Ariel, Hannah, Lexi, Mia, Aailyah, and one of Callie's roommates from college, Clare were apart of Callie's.   

Having a guest list close to two-hundred people attending our wedding.  Both sides of our families, teammates of mine, and friends of Callie's from school and North Carolina.  Everything had come together nicely and in the short amount of time that we had, I couldn't be more grateful for the fact that our family wanted to help us so that we could get married in the short amount of time.  

One by one our Callie's bridesmaid's along with the groomsmen walked down the aisle.  Ariel was Callie's Made of Honor and my brother, John, is the Best Man.  The girls dresses were a light blue color and each of them had different designs with the straps.  Whether they were strapless or off the shoulder.

Then I saw her.  Callie was walking down the aisle towards me with her dad by her side while she held the bouquet of pink roses and baby's breath in the other hand.  She looked so beautiful.  With that strapless white dress with lace detailing and her blonde hair down in curls.  Her makeup done so naturally, yet making her look absolutely breathtaking and glowing.  I'll have to remember to thank Ariel for letting her natural beauty shine through.