Where did all the love go?

[1] My mother told me that when I was little, a young child around two came to her and told her that the baby she had in her stomach was his. My mother thinking the child was joking laughed at him, but stopped when she saw that he was being serious. The parents of the young child came and when my mother told them what happened, they were left perplexed. It was strange for a young child, two years old to be precisely to find his mate.

Yes, mate as in werewolf. My mother at that confession was left in shock. It seemed so surreal. Werewolves didn't exist in the human world, but in the werewolf world they did. My mother was human, the baby inside of her was part wolf. My father was a werewolf, and I was also a product of a one night stand.

My mother never knew about him being a werewolf. She met him at an art party, they had a few glass of champagne and later that night I was conceived. After that, my mom never saw him again, not until the young child told her I was his mate.

The parents of the young child and my mother made an agreement. My mother didn't have enough money but she wasn't poor either. They offered my mother a place to stay in their pack so their son could be closer to me. My mother agreed and she moved to their pack, there was where my mother saw my father again.

He told my mother that he'd been looking for her ever since that night and that he made a stupid mistake by leaving that night and that he had a feeling that she was pregnant. Then he told my mother about his origin and that my mother was his mate. My mother accepted him and after that, they started a life together.

A few months later I was born, my mother told me that my mate wouldn't let anyone near me, not even them sometimes. My mother told me that for a two years old his eyes held nothing but love when he looked at me.

I grew up and when I was four, my mother introduced me to him as my mate. Even though at the time I didn't know what a mate was, I accepted it and was with him 24/7. We were so close all the times that we became the modern Bonnie and Clyde. Where he went, I went and where I went, he went.

We were glued to the hips, did everything together that even our parents found it a little bit extreme. Diego was Leanne and Leanne was Diego, day after day and night after night. We couldn't stop talking about each other, about our adventures and about our plans.

When I was fourteen and he was fifteen we had the mate talk, mating, heat, sex and marking. To say we were horrified was an underestimation. We knew that we were mates but having the mate talk was weird, we were teenagers. We were supposed to have fun and do stuffs, not having sex!

When Diego turned sixteen, a ceremony was held. It was the scariest night of my life, I never felt so helpless in my entire life. Seeing my mate there in pain, growling, snarling and whimpering.

It took hours but he finally turned into his wolf and when he did, the first thing his wolf's eyes looked at was me through the crowd. He growled angrily and everyone backed away, leaving me alone.

I remember how he took dangerous steps toward me, snarling around. "Run!" When they yelled at me, I didn't think twice and bolted out, running through the woods with him hot on my tail, his paws pounding on the hard ground could be heard.

I could run but he was faster than I was. When we were far enough, I stopped running and turned around to face him with a smirk. He shifted back in his human form and had me pinned against the tree.

"Finally!" He grunted out as he pulled away from me and yanked my shirt off my body, tossing it aside while I took of my shorts and underwear. He picked me up from by my thighs and I wrapped my legs around his hips as he moved us away from the tree, leaning us down on the ground.