three

Jugheads POV//

It's getting later, and later. Two movies were on tonight; she wanted to stay for both. Betty unexpectedly puts her arm around me - I blush, not knowing what to do. I try to put my arm around her, but fail and blush even more.

"This is so much fun" she yawns, checking her phone for the first time in hours. It's past midnight - I'm getting tired and she is.

Eventually, the last movie ends, leaving us in darkness. Instead of turning on a flashlight, or getting ready to go she lays her head on my chest, and closes her eyes. I smile, sigh and shut my eyes too.

***

"Jughead! Juggy!" I hear a girl shout, while shaking me. As I open my eyes, I realise it's Betty, and it's daytime. It's 9:30am - on a Sunday. Betty looks frightened.

"Hey, calm down." I attempt to comfort her, but she pushes me away, causing my heart to drop about 5000 feet. Betty grabs her stuff and starts to run off.
"Betty, wait!" I call back, but she's pretty much gone. Was it me? Is she mad at me? As quickly as I can, I start to run after her. To be honest, I feel like I shouldn't chase after her, but I've done something wrong.

***

Betty's POV//

"Elizabeth Cooper! Where on earth have you been?!" my mother drills her loud voice into my brain. "Out" I said. She would kill me if she found out I went on a date with Jughead Jones. "I went out for a run" This was a good excuse, seeing as I was out of breath from running all that way.
"Your grounded, Betty. No more hanging out with Veronica Lodge, or Archie Andrews, or any of your little friends" she says with an insane smirk. Annoyed and slightly frightened, I run upstairs to my pretty pink room and slam the door. My damn mother. She is insane. Like, insane insane.

Thinking about it now, I really hope I didn't upset Jughead. Picking up my phone, I text him.

B: Hey, jughead, I'm sorry I ran off.

Staring out of the window waiting for him to reply, I can hear my mother talking to my father, about my sick sister Polly. I haven't seen her for years. Mother said she is sick, but I think she is okay. We don't talk about her much because of he fact she dated Jason, who my mother hated. Looking at the facts, I think she could've had something to do with Jason's death, or Polly's illness. A small sound from the vibration of my phone distracts me from my deep thoughts. It's Jughead.

J: It's fine.

Sighing, I ring Jughead to apologise.

***

Jughead's POV//

So, Betty now has a sister who was involved with Jason. She only called to apologise, I swear. I wonder if Archie and Veronica knows. If her parents aren't letting her visit Polly, they must be lying about something, or hiding something else. I would investigate, or ask but I don't think I should. Wait. If Polly is 'sick', wouldn't her mother have to pay the 'hospital' for treatment?

With that thought, I pick up the phone to ring Betty.

I'm going to hers for breakfast tomorrow.