two

Jugheads POV//

A day later, I can't stop thinking about Betty. The blonde who I met at Pop's. She seemed so welcoming and charming and positive. Unlike Archie. That brings me to another thought - why does she hang around with him? What does she see in him?

Glancing at my clock, I realise it's 4:30am. I woke up from a nightmare. It's about who killed Jason Blossom, and why. Like, I want to help find out. Mysteries appeal to me. Picking up my phone, I wonder if I should text Betty or not. Would she be awake? Deciding not to, I open up my laptop and begin typing - then delete the sentence. My brain is just crammed full of thoughts and I don't know how to get rid of it.

It's a Saturday today, so I was wondering if Betty would want to go to a movie with me - maybe the drive in. Or just a Cinema.

As I perch on the edge of my bed staring at the wall, finally I get the courage to text Betty. It's not really a date - I just want to get to know her.

Betty's POV//

My phone vibrates, so I pick it up.

J: Hey Betty! I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie tonight?

Just as I was about to reply, my mother burst into my room.

"So. You have made friends with Veronica Lodge, have you?" She says with a sly but sickly grin on her face. Confused, I nodded. Bad choice.

"I do NOT want you near her! Or Archie Andrews! We cannot trust them! Not after your sister-"

"Mum! What does Polly have to do with me having friends?! One of them doesn't even know who Jason is!" I yell, holding back the warm tears brimming in my eyes.

"Look, you can't trust anyone in this town. You do not go near any of them, or there will be consequences. You will regret talking to them, Elizabeth Cooper" she says to me, walks out and slams the door. Mum is crazy - polly is sick. Her heart is apparently broken. Strange how the never tell me anything.

I rest my head against my knees and curl into a ball, tears streaming down my face. My phone starts to ring. It's Jughead. What if my mum found out I was talking to him? Gently, I pick I up.

"Can you come?" He asks.
"Uh... I guess" I whisper, so mum doesn't hear me.
"Great. Meet me at the drive - in at 8:30"

I'm bored - so I ring Veronica and see if she wants to meet. I have ages until the drive in, and I don't want to be around my mother. I text her and she says to meet her at the park.

As I walk down the roads accompanied by the birds fluttering in the blue sky, i start to think about the so-called 'date' tonight. Is it a date? I don't even know Jughead - but for some reason I trust him. He is a friend of Archie's, right? He is also pretty attractive - he also has a sense of mystery. Which, I know, isn't a sign of being trustable, but it shows he doesn't tell everyone everything - a good secret keeper?

Deep in thought, I almost crash into V as she approaches me.

"Woah, you okay there?" She says, laughing. I nod and we walk down to the park.

"So, B, any news, gossip?" She asks me. I gulp, wondering to tell her about Jughead.

"Well. I think I might have some sort of date, or something tonight at the drive in" I blurt out, is it the right choice ?

Her face immediately lights up into a pretty smile.

"With who?!" She shrieks, scaring a nearby bird. Rolling my eyes, I sigh.

"Jughead"

Her face then turns to a state of shock.
"Wow. Unexpected. But you would be so cute! Why him though?"
"He asked me - and he is pretty attractive. Also he seems cool" I nod, laughing.

"Ooh, Betty Jones. Cute name! You could get married, away from your mother, have kid-" I stop her imagination with a friendly nudge causing her to laugh. It's not really a date, right?

**7:30**

Gazing into my wardrobe, I wonder what to wear. I have blouses, crop tops, skinny jeans, sweatpants, everything. After spending ages, I pick out a pretty floral pink blouse and black leggings - nothing fancy, I'm going to a drive-in. Sitting down at my dressing table I apply a small amount of concealer, followed by eyeliner, a generous coat of mascara then a rosey pink lipstick. Looking at my clock, it was around eight.

Jugheads POV//

I'm wearing a simple outfit - a shirt and jeans. The shirt without the hole in for this occasion. I slip on a black jacket and trainers; wearing my hat I head out of the door down to Betty's house. Knocking on her door, she opens it.

She smiles widely, in shock.

"Wow" she whispers.
"What?"
"I'm impressed"
"Not as impressed as I am with you" I say as I hug her.

Betty Cooper is very pretty. Her eyes, her smile. She smells like flowers, and strawberries, and nice things when I hug her.